Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Flipside of Brooches.

Don't take fright, say you are a business (jewellery designer/ maker) and give your name as the business name. Your Cookson a/c number can be used as proof if required.
    A coil of this will do for most Brooches and last a long time. https://www.kcsmith.co.uk/product/07...-r600h00750pc7 Dennis.

Will give it a go and let you know how i get on

🙈 ....It’s been a while since I sent anything other than silver or gold jewellery for hallmarking so got a shock when brooches that we’re sent with stainless steel wire pins had to hallmarked silver PLUS next to it +METAL .
    METAL was also put on the actual pin, which increases the hallmarking cost!

odd, they didn't do that when I sent in brooches with stainless steel pins. Perhaps it depends on the mood they are in! Irritating though when you get charged EXTRA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Don't take fright, say you are a business (jewellery designer/ maker) and give your name as the business name. Your Cookson a/c number can be used as proof if required.
    A coil of this will do for most Brooches and last a long time. https://www.kcsmith.co.uk/product/07...-r600h00750pc7 Dennis.
    I bought lengths from them, so already straight. Probably last me out though!

Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    odd, they didn't do that when I sent in brooches with stainless steel pins. Perhaps it depends on the mood they are in! Irritating though when you get charged EXTRA.
    Theresa was that this year that you had things hallmarked , I’m wondering if it’s changed since the new prices came in?

Actually, it was before Christmas, so I will see what happens next time.