Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first attempt

Quote Originally Posted by wheely View Post
    It was indeed a texturing hammer from Cookies, then I washed the surface with liquid soap and some scotchbrite and burnished the high points. I'm going to make a pendant in the same way. I really enjoyed making them, so I think I might just use the other dimpled side of the hammer and make some more.
    I vote you make a bracelet aswell, full matching set , that texture sells well i use it.

Stu

Nice - I like the texture - a full set would be good as Stu says.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by stu_clouds View Post
    I vote you make a bracelet aswell, full matching set , that texture sells well i use it
    I'll see what I can come up with

Yes it is a fab texture! Well done on the posts!

Well, Friday and today I sat down and made the pendant bit. Decided to put a stone in - still not sure if it was a good idea or not. Anyway here it is with the earrings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1050266.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	2347

I like it, well done! Also, I'm glad to hear someone else has a torch phobia too, maybe one day I'll get soldering... I'm kinda scared I'll set the house on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandraBuckle View Post
    Also, I'm glad to hear someone else has a torch phobia too, maybe one day I'll get soldering... I'm kinda scared I'll set the house on fire!
    Thats the one thing my tool chest at home lacks, a torch. Might just pluck up the courage to buy myself the small jewellers torch from here one day, maybe next summer when I can solder outside! I'm fine doing it, just not when there's noone around.

Quote Originally Posted by wheely View Post
    Thats the one thing my tool chest at home lacks, a torch. Might just pluck up the courage to buy myself the small jewellers torch from here one day, maybe next summer when I can solder outside! I'm fine doing it, just not when there's noone around.
    I know how you feel! Every time the soldering starter kit is reduced I think 'shall I?' then I think, 'no maybe next time'....

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandraBuckle View Post
    I know how you feel! Every time the soldering starter kit is reduced I think 'shall I?' then I think, 'no maybe next time'....
    if you get a little one they are quite safe to use at home, I was a bit wary at first but now love my little torch and want a bigger one. I haven't burnt myself or anything but I cut my fingers frequently with my piercing saw, and I am always droping jump rings and such, then I bang my head on my workbench whilst looking for droped things, so I'm a bit scatty, so if I can use a torch sefely at home anyone can is what I'm getting at :-)
    Wendy

Very nice design, I like the finish.