Thread: Swanky Maison

Default Swanky Maison

Hi I'm new to this forum so please bear with me! Has anyone out there been selling their jewellery on the Swanky Maison website? I have been excepted as a seller but and my initial impression is good. Their website is great and they have some lovely products, but its fairly new and with an initial layout of £99 plus they take 30% commission - would love to get some feedback.

Bloody hell!! There's so many online ways to sell now.I've never heard of it,but I'd never heard of artfire and etsy until last year.
    It seems extortionate,but if your making a profit,that's all that counts.
    I'm concentrating on Etsy,for the time being 20 cence for 3 month(although you need to re-list often) and 3% commision. I'm gonna give up on Ebay for a few of the things i put on there.
    I suppose it's all down to marketing.

I've never heard of artfire!

Quote Originally Posted by wheely View Post
    I've never heard of artfire!
    Me neither until i went looking,there is another one dwando or something forgetable. Artfire might be good,but it was so difficult to join so I never bothered.They have a basic package and it's totally free,not even comission,but then they have a $15 dolar(could be wrong here) a month for all bells and whistles.
    If you sign up and then ignore them they will send you an offer for the full package for $1 for first month, I think you can cancel at any time??I still never bothered??
    People say it's got all the functions that disgruntaled etsy people wanted google shi...er? stuff ? I probably will join it sooner or later.

Hiya,
    I think Elel jewellery and also Silverkiss use Swanky Maison to sell some of their pieces and they seem to be a professionally laid out website with good quality items for a fair price. I haven't sold anything on the Swanky site, but you get what you pay for, so in your situation I'd give it a go.
    Jules

wow - 30% does seem quite steep in the way of commission, especially for an online shop.
    the site does look very professional, and I hope they are marketing their sellers as well as they say they will! if thats the case, there is potential to do very well there.
    good luck to you!
    there are too many sites like this, it can be a headache choosing which ones to join!