Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Check out my latest youtube video

Default Check out my latest youtube video

I'd say I enjoy making videos to put on youtube more than making jewellery, at the moment.It probably wont last long.
    Here's my latest offering.The music and style is a total rip off someone elses video(but not half as good.)
    If you don't know, Banksy is a UK Stencil artist. I tried to create a niche making stencil/graffiti inspired jewellery,but,have come to conclusion,that people who are really into graff are even more skint than me!! They are also totally paranoid,and anti capitalism,so if you offer to sell them something, they often tell you to F off,for about two years until they trust you.
    My proudest moment,came when I got an email from a guy in Luxembourg telling me they they have my little video,embedded on the Banksy forum.When i tried to join the forum a while back,they said no!!

YouTube - Banksy balloon girl 'There Is Always Hope' Silver Necklace
    Last edited by Shaun750; 15-08-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Just watched your video, it had me enthralled from start to finish
    I've got serious tool envy now
    Thanks for taking the time and trouble, i've made a few youtube vids myself so i know how time consuming they are
    Jill

I can't afford most of your kit but I will be making myself an eye level piercing support ( I can just about afford the ply wood!) What a brilliant idea!

Great vid Shaun, thanks for sharing!

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by PureGold View Post
    I can't afford most of your kit but I will be making myself an eye level piercing support ( I can just about afford the ply wood!) What a brilliant idea!
    If you look carefully,there is £3 written in pencil on that piece of wood.It was an off-cut outside a wood shop.I used the rest to make cupboard doors.
    I've got some more detailed pics of it on the site somewhere, I've also got an idea of a modification i may make one day.

That's just brilliant Shaun, I think everybody should watch it. Can you say a bit more about your engraving machine? Dreml now have a hand held vibrating version for around £10, which I use for signing things that don't get hallmaked. I guess yours is more like a £K job.
    Kind regards, Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    That's just brilliant Shaun, I think everybody should watch it. Can you say a bit more about your engraving machine? Dreml now have a hand held vibrating version for around £10, which I use for signing things that don't get hallmaked. I guess yours is more like a £K job.
    Kind regards, Dennis.
    Thanks Dennis.
    It's called a Dhalgren wizzard 2000st, it's a really old engraver/plotter,but it's built like a tank.They come up on ebay now and again are aren't that expensive for what you are getting.They have a few limitations,but I work around them.
    I manged to learn how to use it from trial and error.If you google for it,you'll probably only find posts,by me asking questions on the cadlink website.
    If anyone takes the plunge and get's one,I'll teach them how to use that sucker in 24 hours.
    The more expensive bit is the software(engravelab expert),but i'm sure there would be cheaper ways to tell the machine where to go.
    I've developed the tecnique using a combination of software,adobe illustartor,artcam jewelsmith and engravelab. It will follow and vector line.
    I've also got(another chepie) a tablet PC (stylistic 3500) that I've managed to get XP working on.I can actually sketch on the PC screen in vector lines and the machine will draw them for me.I don't often do it that way though,but it's there as a back up.

I still like the idea of hand engraving,but using the machine stops me from practicing,which if you dont use it,you loose it.
    The machine doesn't save that much time,I've had it for quite a few years now,and still can't bare to walk away and let it do it's thing. I have to stand there watching it working.
    Last edited by Shaun750; 16-08-2010 at 01:12 PM.

Thank you Shaun,
    You are obviously keen as mustard, but for me it is my retirement hobby so it would be a little bit over the top to get into that.
    Kind regards, Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Thank you Shaun,
    You are obviously keen as mustard, but for me it is my retirement hobby so it would be a little bit over the top to get into that.
    Kind regards, Dennis.
    Keep a look out dennis,I'm sure there must be 100's of them gathering dust in schools.They look like an old fashioned electric typewritter,so if you didn't know you would be glad to get rid of them.
    The nice thing they do is draw a line for you that you can follow with your saw frame,no need to file after cutting.My cutting line is probably wandering no more than .2mm. Before i would print on paper and stick it down to the gold.The thickness of the paper,made the cut quite inaccurate.
    I think I'll do a video with some hand engraving in it soon though.There's a quality about it that the plotter just can't do,and i need the practice.I'll get the plasters and the bleep machine ready though.

Wow! I'm well impressed by that.