Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Check out my latest youtube video

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Well Shaun, the public no doubt want a quick tour and then cut to the chase, as in: ‘Here’s one I finished earlier’ da-dah. As for myself, I could watch you for hours. I have had very little contact with real jewellers, so I eke out my knowledge with amateur improvisations. Kind regards, Dennis.
    Thanks Dennis. My main motivation was to first make a cool looking video,and then to make a video I would want to watch,so it as aimed at you.
    Plus I want to make it clear that what I'm trying to sell is not mass produced and the price i charge is well justified.
    When I used to do repairs,I would explain in detail(from nerves at what to charge at first) how i was going to repair the item,the customer 99 times out of 100,didn't have the slightest interest.
    It took a while to be able to say " It'll be ten quid, and ready by friday."

Personally I was enthralled from start to finish. I liked to be able to watch the process, and as Nic said the mug shot at the end was a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun750 View Post
    Let me know what you want engraved
    I could send you the image I'm copying and show you exactly what I want doing.

Quote Originally Posted by wheely View Post
    Personally I was enthralled from start to finish. I liked to be able to watch the process, and as Nic said the mug shot at the end was a nice touch.
    I could send you the image I'm copying and show you exactly what I want doing.
    Thanks,my sister inlaw and niece stopped watching the video,when it cut away to the tools?? They are probably what I should be aiming for? There is a cool feature on youtube,once I get enough views(it's got stuck on 300 even though I've had more). It's called hotspots and shows when viewers lost interest and stopped watching.
    Sounds good idea sending me an idea of what you need engraved.feel free see what we can come up with.

Here's another video,more of the same.I rushed it a bit,but can you's spot the product placement?? Got to think of a new subject(before i get bored and give up) and/or style of video now though? I've got a new(second hand really) camera coming which should speed up the process?
    YouTube - Sterling Silver Praying Panda Pendants

First and foremost those panda's are so darn cute! Again my interest was held right to the end, and I love that engraver and I can see why you have to watch it at work, it's kinda mesmerising - know what I mean?
    Re thge cut to the tools you mentioned above, I can see why a viewer would lose interest there as it doesn't really add to the process you're showing, if that makes any sense.
    Just my 2 pence worth! Compared to you my stuff seems so crap, but I thought my opinion could be added to the pot.

First and foremost those panda's are so darn cute! Again my interest was held right to the end, and I love that engraver and I can see why you have to watch it at work, it's kinda mesmerising - know what I mean?
    Re thge cut to the tools you mentioned above, I can see why a viewer would lose interest there as it doesn't really add to the process you're showing, if that makes any sense.
    Just my 2 pence worth! Compared to you my stuff seems so crap, but I thought my opinion could be added to the pot.
    Cheers ,the pandas are just some pics i came across. I then found a panda font and made a whole family of diffrent panda stuff?? Earrings etc.All i doing really is, printing(engraving) the designs onto metal and cutting around them. They don't get that many views on etsy(you can track them) and then all of a sudden,someone bought two.The engraving on the back was a freebie because I was so greatful.
    Appreciate the feedback,I just love that cutaway to the tools,because it's what I would want to see.I had to delete one clip of tools in the latest vid cos it kept crashing my laptop at that point,it was reversed??? Someones trying to tell me something.
    The new family I'm gonna make is a family of Lady Gagas in diffrent costumes....Don't ask, I can hardly draw,but got intouch with an artsist on deviant art,for permission to make here images into jewellery. Now i wonder what sound track I could use for that video???

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun750 View Post
    The new family I'm gonna make is a family of Lady Gagas in diffrent costumes....Don't ask, I can hardly draw,but got intouch with an artsist on deviant art,for permission to make here images into jewellery. Now i wonder what sound track I could use for that video???
    Now THAT I have to see - I love Lady Gaga!

Now THAT I have to see - I love Lady Gaga!
    Just finished the first one.
    I'm to impatient to take decent pictures.

Hi Shaun,
    I think your videos are great. I find them fascinating, but more from a technique, learning interest, so I'm not sure that I am really your target market?! I found the moving around the G clamp early on made me a bit sea sick, but then I find the same with the pirate ship at fairs!! I'm sure that technically and from an arty perspective that would be much admired. The product placement and promotion of where to buy was great!

Keep them coming

Tabby

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    Hi Shaun,
    I think your videos are great. I find them fascinating, but more from a technique, learning interest, so I'm not sure that I am really your target market?! I found the moving around the G clamp early on made me a bit sea sick, but then I find the same with the pirate ship at fairs!! I'm sure that technically and from an arty perspective that would be much admired. The product placement and promotion of where to buy was great!

Keep them coming

Tabby
    Thanks Tabby,
    your confirming what I kinda had a feeling. Once i learn a new camera trick,I use it over and over.
    I videoed making the Gaga pendant. I think I'll keep the effects to a minimum,and quite short. I read somewhere,if you want a youtube hit,you've got to keep it under 90 secs.
    Having kittens and cleavage in the vid helps as well??? we'll have to see about that one

Gaga video is up on my alter ego youtube account.
    I think I'll have 'punters' videos(short and sweet) on that, and more jewellery making vids on my express375.That way,we are all happy
    YouTube - Mini Gaga Silver pendant.