Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Check out my latest youtube video

I loved watching the video - thought the Banksy mug at the end was a really neat touch too
    Nic x
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Thank you so much Shaun, that was brilliant!
    Dragonfly (Lynne)

http://www.thedragonflycompany.com

for all things chain maille - supplies, chain maille kits and tuition

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup!

Thanks for all the positive comments. There's always a doubt that it isn't as good as i think it is. It got a bit of an odd reaction on Urban Art Association - Banksy Balloon Girl Silver Necklace Saying it was to long.
    I know it's something i would watch again and again,so people on here are who it's made for really.

Here's a little story of how things work out,when you stop trying.
    Because I like stencil/graffiti art, I thought it would be good to offer a service to turn stencil artists designs into pendants,using my engraving/cutting method.
    One of the forums I tried to join last year,was a Banksy forum. I was refused entry.

My little video,is now hosted on a Banksy forum and I got as message through Youtube from a Mod asking if i would like to join. He also gave a link to someone on there to my etsy and they immediately bought one of the Balloon girl necklaces.

Seriously impressed! I need engraving done, I've got to go find somewhere that'll do it. I wonder how much that will cost me. Were I your neighbour I'd be straight round -that machine is neat!
    Also dead impresssed with your piercing. Wish mine was as accurate, and I do the print on paper and stick down thing too lol.

That was a delightful video and a lovely, artistic idea - putting graffiti into people's personal space with jewellery; very much in line with my own work!

I hope you can press on with that arty idea.

Quote Originally Posted by wheely View Post
    Seriously impressed! I need engraving done, I've got to go find somewhere that'll do it. I wonder how much that will cost me. Were I your neighbour I'd be straight round -that machine is neat!
    Also dead impresssed with your piercing. Wish mine was as accurate, and I do the print on paper and stick down thing too lol.
    There is a better alternative to sticking paper,and should give as accurate a cut as my method,for just a few quid.
    I haven't used this method for a while,but I know it works 100% I used it when I did hand engraving.
    If your lucky enough to have a laser printer,then that will save time,but any printer will work.
    Get some silicone parchment paper(nothing else will work),then some extra strenght hair gel. Spray the paper with the hair gel and dry with a hair dryer.
    Spray some hairspray(cheapest will do) on your metal and dry with hairdryer.
    Print the design (mirror image of what you want)on the hair gel paper and use it just like a transfer,scratching off with a blunt stick or pencil.
    I think I used to spray over the metal again with aerosol varnish to fix the design so it could take a bit of rough treatment.
    This way you wont have the thickness of the paper taking away from you getting your saw blade as close to the line as possible,and you'll do hardly any fileing.
    I might be a bit off with some of the instruction(it's been a while),but the secret is the silicon parchment paper,nothing will stick to it.
    Let me know what you want engraved,if you can vectorise it yourself even better.For some designs it's what takes the most time.I traced a celtic design and St Patrick once for 8 hours,almost non stop.
    Tip for piercing is get as close as you can(I used to get so close the saw would touch my nose) or get an optovisor,I got a cheap one off ebay and it works great,I will one day get a better one,as it getting a bit loose,but the lenses are good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    That was a delightful video and a lovely, artistic idea - putting graffiti into people's personal space with jewellery; very much in line with my own work!

I hope you can press on with that arty idea.
    Appreciate feedback for my videos.
    My main focus is as much making the videos as it is jewellery,basically I'm making videos the what I would want to watch.
    When I tried to promote the stencil art/graffiti art idea it didn't work,but that little video has taken on a life of it's own,by being linked on a banksy forum.The guys on there are very welcoming and doing all the work for me?? Linking the video,then my etsy and then to another pendant i did(Zevs liquidate chanel logo) amazing,and I'm not really focused om making money at the moment,just keeping active right now and enjoying myself??
    Last edited by Shaun750; 18-08-2010 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun750 View Post
    if you can vectorise it yourself even better
    I wouldn't have the first idea where to start. I think I must be thick lol.
    And thanks for the piercing tip! Off to ebay...

Thats amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyjoe View Post
    Thats amazing!
    Thanks again,it really does help to know that people think it's a good video. I think it's good,but i worry that I might be one of those people who go on Xfactor and think they can sing.

It has made one sale at least for the pendant and genderated some interest in what I do,but my main reason for making the video,was just for fun,and to see if I could make a cool looking video.
    I've started making another one with a diffrent pendant,but it's getting a bit long.I have included some unitended product placement(wd40 and borax) and some blatent product placement,but I'm the product this time.

Do you all mind if i pick your brains a bit?

Is the subject more of interest than the style of video?
    Is it to long?
    If i did another one, should I include the whole process or just cut to the chase?
    How do you think I could improve the look,or the content of my little video.

I've shyed away from putting up titles,as i don't want it to look cheesy,and i don't think I'll ever be appearing/talking on camera,a cockney accent,just wont work.
    Who would buy jewellery of that 'dodgy sounding geezer'..........well I know a lot of people who would ,but i don't want to be that bloke.
    Cheers........................

Well Shaun, the public no doubt want a quick tour and then cut to the chase, as in: ‘Here’s one I finished earlier’ da-dah. As for myself, I could watch you for hours. I have had very little contact with real jewellers, so I eke out my knowledge with amateur improvisations. Kind regards, Dennis.