Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the most unusual piece you have ever made?

Default What is the most unusual piece you have ever made?

For me the most unusual and also the daftest, is this clasp for a tape measure. It started one day between projects, when I saw the tape held together with a tacky elastic and convinced myself that it deserved better.

So with some textured offcuts, some tubing and wire, I made this double jointed effort adding a large clasp for ease of opening and a CZ for the bling. The culet of the stone pokes through and helps to grip the tape, so I didn’t add a patch of silver for extra thickness. That’s my story anyhow.
    How about you? Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ct Clasp For Tape Measure.jpg   ct Tape With Clasp.jpg  

i love that....i always end up rolling mine into a wheel...never stays

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    For me the most unusual and also the daftest, is this clasp for a tape measure. It started one day between projects, when I saw the tape held together with a tacky elastic and convinced myself that it deserved better.

So with some textured offcuts, some tubing and wire, I made this double jointed effort adding a large clasp for ease of opening and a CZ for the bling. The culet of the stone pokes through and helps to grip the tape, so I didn’t add a patch of silver for extra thickness. That’s my story anyhow.
    How about you? Dennis.

Dennis! love it! being a fashion graduate that is right up my alley........hint, hint lol
    x
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

My most unusual piece was a dressage whip, this was a copy of an Irish horse race trophy. the owner of the winning race horse wanted an exact replica of the trophy to keep, so I was given the job of making it. It had to be made totally by hand, no casting whatsoever. There were 230 shamrocks, the shamrocks were 18ct green gold and they were soldered onto a red gold textured conical tube. I remember the top crown had 52 pieces soldered together to make the finished crown. The whole handle was 12 inches long.

James

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Royal whip sheet.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	4801
    Last edited by Goldsmith; 03-06-2013 at 02:41 PM.

That's outstanding James, the tape keeper is great aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    My most unusual piece was a dressage whip, this was a copy of an Irish horse race trophy. the owner of the winning race horse wanted an exact replica of the trophy to keep, so I was given the job of making it. It had to be made totally by hand, no casting whatsoever.

James

Name:	Royal whip sheet.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	4801

sensational as ever!!!!
    X
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

Both amazing. Methinks you have too much time on your hands Dennis!

I love that Dennis! So perfectly made, just to keep a tape measure in check.

I think I have to agree with Carole about the too much time on your hands x

Name:	Dog-tag-1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	4808

I made last year two ID tags as Christmas gifts for my Bentley and Jenson...
    ID's are on the reverse, the bone is cast from a plastic piece from a Playmobil kids toy set. They are worn all the time, and bring good business when the dogs are in the shop. Mine are silver on silver, but I have made one for a client with a gold bone...now that was crazy.
    Poor old Les

I like it Les. Hope you have been safe from flooding where you are. regards, Dennis.