Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beware!

Quote Originally Posted by daisychain View Post
    LOL! I get tonnes of those too, as well as the foreign order scams ones too.

The strangest begging email I got was from someone who said they were near Moscow asking me if I could send them money for a wood burning stove! Isn't it awful the number of innocent women who are being persecuted by the wicked uncles who murdered their fathers?!
    I sometimes play with them for a while and say I want a better percentage before I will send my details.There's a video on yutube where a guy got two africans to do the Monty python parrot sketch!
    I saw a TV show recently were women had sold their houses to pay a guy in Africa,because he had chatted to them,and told them he loved them? on the net for a few months????
    And they wont pay 150 bucks for my stuff on Etsy??

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun750 View Post
    I sometimes play with them for a while and say I want a better percentage before I will send my details.There's a video on yutube where a guy got two africans to do the Monty python parrot sketch!
    I saw a TV show recently were women had sold their houses to pay a guy in Africa,because he had chatted to them,and told them he loved them? on the net for a few months????
    And they wont pay 150 bucks for my stuff on Etsy??
    Made me smile.

I had one the other day informing that that I was dead but that, if this was incorrect, then could I let them know and give them my bank details so that they could transfer quantities of money into my account, for some reason. I'm not dead yet - as far as I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Just a little update - I had the following message today from someone who had a very near miss:

I saw your posts on Cooksongold ref the Richard moriss scam. We fell for it a little and teh next stage is as follows "Thanks for the total quote of my order.The total cost of my order is quite correct and okay by me and I'm ready to pay the bills . Also want you to help me Charge another £650 to a shipping agent who is going to pick up my ordered items from you.
    The £650 that will be sent to the shipping agent is for the shipping of my order plus other items i ordered from different countries which will be deduct from my credit card.Also, I'm compensating you with the sum of £100 for the transfer fee and for your efforts. Please note that i should have given the shipping agency my credit card for him to deduct the shipping funds but he told me that he doesn't have the facilities to charge or debit credit card , so that's why i bring my vote of confidence in you and i don't want you to betray the vote of confidence i put in you, so i want you to transfer the funds to him after you have make the charges and the money charged from my credit card is in your account,then you can now make the transfer to the agent via western union.i will have love to do this my self but there no western union here around me,So the charges you'll make on my credit card will be: etc etc"
    Sounds like some sort of money laundering! Glad I did a search on Google and found your thread. If you want toput this on the thread please feel free. We are a small model (Airfix etc) sales company so nothing to do with jewellery so dont have a log in for Cooksongold! Regards
    Thanks for that George - I'm really glad that this thread has helped someone
    Dragonfly (Lynne)

http://www.thedragonflycompany.com

for all things chain maille - supplies, chain maille kits and tuition

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup!

Default Richard whoever scam.........

I'm not a jeweller, but I got one of those emails yesterday, googled him and your forum came up. He's now wanting to ship to Cyprus! Gets about, this bloke! Anyway, I just wanted to say how grateful I was to come across your discussion, and also I found some bits highly entertaining. We textile artists don't have as much fun! Thanks.

Well, simple souls have simple scams. It's the ones that appear to be coming from your bank, you want to watch out for.
    Nice to have a visitor Shelley, have some tea and biscuits. Kind regards, Dennis.

sadly these gits do catch people out and make money out of it. Its amazing how much money the tax office are wanting to pay me back - especially amazing when the reality is that I dont pay any - neither do I do on-line banking - I hate spammers & hackers -