Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beware!

Default Beware!

I received the first email yesterday, and the second one twice today - I'm avoiding them like the plague!

Good day,

I want to place an order in your store,and I will like to know if you ship to Australia and my payment will be remitted via Visa / Master card.So please let me know if you can assist me with the order,and please do not forget to include your website in your reply.Your quick response will be highly appreciated,I will be very glad if you treat this email with good concern.

Richard Moriss
    Thank you.

Dear Sir/Ma
    Greetings from Franto store . My name is Frank Lewis the CEO of the company. i will like to place order on some products in your company,but i would like to know if you ship to Australia and also do you accept Visa or Master card as method of payment? Please do not forget to include your web page in your replying back to my message and get back to me as fast as possible so that i can let you know the product i would like to order.

Please email me back with the current price list on the products if you website is not updated.

Thank you....

Yours Sincerely,

Frank Lewis.
    FRANTO STORE
    81 King's Road
    Singapore 266358
    Tel : +65 646644636
    Email: franklewis949@gmail.com
    Dragonfly (Lynne)

http://www.thedragonflycompany.com

for all things chain maille - supplies, chain maille kits and tuition

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup!

LOL. I get between five and ten of these every day to each of four email addresses.

How stupid do these people think you are, i get loads aswell, if they liked something on our website why would i need to tell them what the site address was. Sadly there must be some people that do reply.

Thanks for the warning anyway.

Regards

Stu

Richard "Moriss" can't even spell his own name!

Richard "Moriss" can't even spell his own name!
    And I can't even spell yours Carole! I'm beating myself with branches here :-)

I can't see the catch if they pay you,haven't got a website so it's just paypal. And i make shh??? not very much money.
    Plus I'm waiting for my squillion dollars from Dave Smith who live in Bukino Faso.His uncle died in a terrible unicycle accident.

I don't get it. What are they hoping to achieve?
    Linda

If you reply your email address gets passed around to other scammers and criminals who install trojans etc on your pc to take your id, passwords, credit card and bank details etc............

Sonia
    x

Just a little update - I had the following message today from someone who had a very near miss:

I saw your posts on Cooksongold ref the Richard moriss scam. We fell for it a little and teh next stage is as follows "Thanks for the total quote of my order.The total cost of my order is quite correct and okay by me and I'm ready to pay the bills . Also want you to help me Charge another £650 to a shipping agent who is going to pick up my ordered items from you.
    The £650 that will be sent to the shipping agent is for the shipping of my order plus other items i ordered from different countries which will be deduct from my credit card.Also, I'm compensating you with the sum of £100 for the transfer fee and for your efforts. Please note that i should have given the shipping agency my credit card for him to deduct the shipping funds but he told me that he doesn't have the facilities to charge or debit credit card , so that's why i bring my vote of confidence in you and i don't want you to betray the vote of confidence i put in you, so i want you to transfer the funds to him after you have make the charges and the money charged from my credit card is in your account,then you can now make the transfer to the agent via western union.i will have love to do this my self but there no western union here around me,So the charges you'll make on my credit card will be: etc etc"
    Sounds like some sort of money laundering! Glad I did a search on Google and found your thread. If you want toput this on the thread please feel free. We are a small model (Airfix etc) sales company so nothing to do with jewellery so dont have a log in for Cooksongold! Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun750 View Post
    I can't see the catch if they pay you,haven't got a website so it's just paypal. And i make shh??? not very much money.
    Plus I'm waiting for my squillion dollars from Dave Smith who live in Bukino Faso.His uncle died in a terrible unicycle accident.
    LOL! I get tonnes of those too, as well as the foreign order scams ones too.

The strangest begging email I got was from someone who said they were near Moscow asking me if I could send them money for a wood burning stove! Isn't it awful the number of innocent women who are being persecuted by the wicked uncles who murdered their fathers?!
    Jo
    Daisychain Jewellery - Handcrafted sterling silver jewellery and jewellery tuition
    www.daisychainjewellery.co.uk
    www.daisychaindesignsjewellery.blogspot.com