Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr Site

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mr Site

I was wondering if I buy Mr Site and build a website can i then use it with my existing website host justhost which I've already paid for 2 years
    thanks
    Jill

I don't think so. Isn't the whole point that Mr Site is the site host?

right, I thought it was site building software
    jill

No, Jill, when you buy Mr Site you get a year's hosting included in the cost. They work together I'm afraid.
    Di x

Thanks Di, i wish I'd gone with them but it's too late.
    Is there an easy to use software package for writing a website, then can I upload it to my host. i don't like what i've done using the template. I tried downloading the template and adding/ deleting things but it didn't work. I'll have to try again. Everything i do on the comp is by trial and error but it takes so long to get there
    Jill

I can't answer that one Jill - I used to use Front Page but it's a little out of favour nowadays because servers need to have special extensions (I don't know what it means either!). Also it was very expensive. I understand what you mean tho - the templates my webhost (Fasthosts) offers are pretty dire and not easily personalised. I'm currently rebranding myself using my own name and I'm searching for something cheap and easy too - if you find it first do let me know!
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by jille View Post
    I was wondering if I buy Mr Site and build a website can i then use it with my existing website host justhost which I've already paid for 2 years
    thanks
    Jill
    Just Host has a site builder included, doesn't it?

yes there are several site builders which come with justhost, I was using a standard template but thought it looked boring. I spent most of yesterday playing around making my own banner and a customised layout. Then I must of clicked on something because a newsletter and log in box appeared below the buttons, i can't find a way of removing them so I've sent them a ticket. I'm not sure if they know as they are sending me some wierd questions.
    I do all mt computing by trial and error, I'm determined
    jill

the justhost templates are really very boring and I've also found them a pain to personalise. I suppose you can't complain when the come as 'free' but who wants to look like everybody else?
    Di x

I know what you mean about being a pain. I spent hours making a banner in Gimp then uploading it, the sizes they give don't go right across the top of the screen so I just kept going with trial and error, it could still do with being wider but until i get some site content it will have to do. i've kept the rest of the site plain white and boring but if I ever learn how to make a fantastic banner it would be easy to transform the look
    I just bought firedartjewellery.co.uk because I want to build it before I forget what I did with the other sites