Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mr Site

Most hosting companies offer templates that you can alter the colour, banner, navigation and such that are on their server. They are usually free so dont expect too much from them.

Or if you want to go down the ecommerce route then there are free ecommerce software out there. Try Cube or The osCommerce These will offer you a massive amount of templates that are freely available on the web. If you started with one of these, you can set up your site with the option to sell items at a later date.

Andrew
    Its finally here. The answer to your Online Jewellery Training

Just Click Below

AtTheBench Jewellery Training for Jewellers

Jill, I like fired art jewellery!
    Di x

thanks Di ,i think i will go with it as i can't think of anything better

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    Lucinda, that sounds awfully complicated to moi! And I don't have Mr Site...
    Not at all, since your hosting co would do the work You would just ask them to forward requests to the domain you have with them to the one you set up with Mr Site (or any domain at all, doesn't have to be Mr Site!), then it would work automatically
    Lucinda

Have a look at webeden.co.uk. You can use their web package and your own hosting if you want (but I don't think it saves you any money). I am using them to build an ecommerce website and it's going ok at the moment (she says, cautiously....!)

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by jille View Post
    I was wondering if I buy Mr Site and build a website can i then use it with my existing website host justhost which I've already paid for 2 years
    thanks
    Jill
    Just Host has a site builder included, doesn't it?

yes there are several site builders which come with justhost, I was using a standard template but thought it looked boring. I spent most of yesterday playing around making my own banner and a customised layout. Then I must of clicked on something because a newsletter and log in box appeared below the buttons, i can't find a way of removing them so I've sent them a ticket. I'm not sure if they know as they are sending me some wierd questions.
    I do all mt computing by trial and error, I'm determined
    jill

the justhost templates are really very boring and I've also found them a pain to personalise. I suppose you can't complain when the come as 'free' but who wants to look like everybody else?
    Di x

I know what you mean about being a pain. I spent hours making a banner in Gimp then uploading it, the sizes they give don't go right across the top of the screen so I just kept going with trial and error, it could still do with being wider but until i get some site content it will have to do. i've kept the rest of the site plain white and boring but if I ever learn how to make a fantastic banner it would be easy to transform the look
    I just bought firedartjewellery.co.uk because I want to build it before I forget what I did with the other sites

It's ever so easy to replace your old web front page with something that redirects to your new website (see How to redirect).

But...

If someone bookmarks your new website then you switch back to your old one, that's a customer lost. Generally, it's best to suffer a bit of pain (ok, sometimes more than a bit) to get a website at the address you'd like to stick with and to own everything about that yourself.

Mr Site does support you using your old domain - it's their number 1 most frequently asked question: FAQ! There's a little bit of jiggery-pokery with your current host to swap the hosting over, but Mr Site will explain all the domain transfer stuff if you sign up.

Lots of people like building websites with Wordpress. Although originally designed for Blogs, it does a nice job of other things too and there are LOTS of templates!