Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Raising mallets

Default I'd love to purchase some hammers

up for offer are 3 anticlastic raising mallets made to michael good's design out of uhmw pe (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene - which, by the way is horrible stuff to work in comparison with delrin!); these have a long thin pein for getting into the curve when forming anticlasts.

I also have 2 phenolic raising mallets per finegold & seitz' designs - they call for bakelite, this is the modern equivalent, tufnol. Really nice to use, doesn't bruise the metal in the way that a metal hammer can, but still very capable at moving metal in raising. Nearly lost my own one to a full-time silversmith when he decided he liked...!

£25 each, £3.50 postage.[/quote]

hi i would like one of each of what you have can you send pictures to me at ????

Hi Peter, one of your anticlastic raising mallets would make life so much easier. Please would you add me to your list.
    Jane

Quote Originally Posted by sabrahardy View Post
    hi i would like one of each of what you have can you send pictures to me at ????
    Sorry, just realised I hadn't responded to this - there are pictures on the first post on this thread that are pretty much how the current batch look, but... Given your location, you'd probably be better off (shipping-cost-wise!) talking to someone like Tevel at Allcraft - I'm pretty sure he has the anticlastic mallets at the very least.

Jane, pm'd you - still available!

Hi Peter do you have any raising mallets left? If so I would like one. Thank, Louise

Ever wonder why you haven't sold something, then realised it might be linked to not having actually told anyone you've got something to sell? Marketing 101...

I have a dozen more of the HMWPE mallets completed - still £25 each, although the postage has increased since I last put any up for sale - £4.55 1st class within the UK.

They weigh in at about 350g each, don't mark the metal and are really handy for anticlastic forming, bouging, flattening and the likes.
    Currently experimenting with some urethane for mallets too, but that's a little way off before I'm happy with them.