Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A quick hello from At The Bench

Default A quick hello from At The Bench

Hi everyone.

My name is Andrew Berry, a professional jeweller for over 22 years. I have many online ecommerce websites and have recently launched www . AtTheBench . com a Jewellery Making On-Line and Training website for Jewellers

I write a monthly page for Making Jewellery magazine, yes, I am the "Naked Jeweller" . I also write projects for the magazine too and recently for Make Jewellery magazine too.

Its good to see plenty of friendly names on here too.

I would love to help anyone who has a question so I will be popping by daily.

Take care.

Andrew
    Its finally here. The answer to your Online Jewellery Training

Just Click Below

AtTheBench Jewellery Training for Jewellers

Lol - love the fact that we've now got a "naked jeweller"
    I prefer a bench apron myself (ouch!)
    Nic x
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

I do keep my apron on. Even in the photos. LOL

Just Click Below

Hi Andrew
    I am completely new to jewellery making with no training, and was struggling with soldering until I saw your tutorial, the fact that you described it as complicated or complex made me feel much less of a failiure and I am slowly having more and more success with soldering. so thanks very much. I have since done 1 day pmc course and am hoping to do a day silversmithing course, the only one I've found in Cheshire. I have also had lots of help of the forum, I did think I was stupid not being able to grasp something as simple as soldering at first so your video encouraged me and made me realise it's not a simple procedure, thanks again
    Wendy

Wendy i dont think anyone on here would call you stupid for not being able to solder the first time round, as with any element of jewellery making it takes practice and time

Thanks Wendy.

You are not alone. I have received time and time again from fellow jewellery making enthusiasts exactly what you have written.

This is why I spent the past year conceiving the idea that has finally become AtTheBench.com.

Any further help I can offer, just ask.

Just Click Below

Hi Andrew - you (inadvertently) taught me to solder too!

I've been having a look round AtTheBench as a freeview member (looks great - need to learn lampworking now!), and I was wondering how often new content would be added? Eg - are you committing to, say 10 new video tutorials per month or are you just waiting to see how it goes? I would be very interested in an annual subscription, but it would be good to know in advance how much new stuff would be added and how often.

cheers

Claire

Hi Claire

We are adding 3 videos every week with a FreeView every other week. Plus in addittion there are bonus videos and tutorials added in the middle of the week too. These videos are by other leading craftsmen and women in their field of expertise so the variety of media and topics is going to be vast.

We currently have 85 videos waiting to go live and have the next two years planned already.

I knew the site would be a success due to the response I have had from the DVD's we produce and sell and the comments made by our YouTube subscribers.

The site has been live for just under 2 weeks now and we just gained the backing of a major sponsor so we have exciting plans for the future.

Also we have booked 'stands' at several major bead and jewellery fairs around the country for next year where we will be launching several new projects too. This will be a chance for everyone to come and meet the At The Bench masters and actually see them in action.

We also want our members to be part of the site too. So if you dont see a topic or a particular film that meets your needs, then just let us know and will will film one for you.

Got an idea, any hints or tips that you have come accross? Just let us know and will broadcast it to all the At The Bench members. The best one each month will recieve a special gift.

So as you can see, we are totally committed to At The Bench and its future is looking really exciting.

Sorry to go on a bit but as you can tell we are all realy excited about all the plans we have for AtTheBench.com

Andrew

Just Click Below

ok - sold!

I really wish I had a spare £99 - but I don't right now. Time to start saving for yet another thing <sigh>
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/