Thread: Fixing cufflibnks?

Default Fixing cufflibnks?

Hi there, I make fingerprint jewellery and have made a few pairs of cufflink without complaint. However one of the very first pairs I made came back to me as one of the backs had come off and the cufflink disappeared. So I made another one free of charge.

They've just come back again as the hinge on the back of one has broken... does anyone know if I can repair it? Is there a way of removing what's left of the back and the solder etc. and then I can put a new one on?

Am already running at a loss on this particular pair so don't want to have to start from scratch!

Any advice welcome....

That's bad luck Cathy. If you hold the cufflink with locking tweezers and heat it with your torch, the back will just drop off once the solder starts to flow.

ok thanks, i guess that makes sense!

From a business point of view,do you think that the cuff links were faulty or the customer heavy handed.If the others you made haven't broken then maybe the first one.
    I had a customer march up to my counter,demanding I replace her squashed hollow earrings.
    There is a lot of emotion that you need to learn to deal with in business,that internal voice that says "Oh my god! I'm gonna lose money,they will want a new pair"
    Here's a technique,that i used,if a customer has a complaint,do not offer anything.
    Rather ask them what they would like you to do? Sometimes they will say less than you would have offered,and everyone is happy.