Thread: Insurance

Default Insurance

Hi All

Not been around on the forum of late as I've been rather busy with work and also been in a bit of a tough emotionally but fighting through...

I've just got a quick question about Insurance. Thinking of signing up for the Artist Newsletter Online thing [as my partner already subscribes to the magazine version] and getting the AN+AIR subscription as you get Public Liability Insurance with that, but I'm confused by the information on the website. https://www.a-n.co.uk/join_in/article/472193

I phoned AN and asked them to clarify, but the lady I spoke to didn't really answer my questions and said she'd email me the info - nothing has come through - not sure I want to phone again as she completely baboozled me.

On the site it states:
    Membership of AIR - Artists Interaction and Representation gives you:
    * Free £5m Public and Products Liability Insurance (UK-based artists only)
    * Low-cost Artists Insurance Policy to suit your needs (UK-based artists only)
    * AIR e-bulletin - monthly invites, information and consultation
    * 10% off any a-n advert
    * Invites to AIR open dialogue events
    * Exclusive discounts and subscriber prizes
    * Access to AIR only Forums »

Ans what I was asking the lady on the phone was about the Low-cost Artists Insurance Policy - does this come included or is it an optional extra? She said it was included. But when I pointed out that it was listed as a separate policy on the website she said that referred to something else.

Does anyone subscribe AN and get the insurance package with it? Can you clarify what is included?

I'm looking for an insurance poliscy that is low cost, but gives me Public Liability Insurance, but also covers my stock/goods/stall when I'm doign craft fairs, events and exhibitions - you know from damage and theft on other people's premises. e.g if I set up a stall and had to leave all my stock overnight - if the place burnt down or got burgled, I need to be covered by some sort of insurance.

Help!

Thanks

Evie
    Last edited by Milomade; 16-06-2010 at 02:11 PM.
    Find Milomade online - follow the links below....
    Website | Instagram

I've also looked at SAU - Membership - insurance from the Scottish Artists Union, but not sure whether that is better or worse that the AIR one.
    Find Milomade online - follow the links below....
    Website | Instagram