Thread: where an I get

Cool where an I get

Hi,
    where can I get the metal gauze for firing and drying the clay on, I've looked on Cooksons and can't find it, does it have a special name?
    Also having some trouble soldering jump rings, either I melt the ring (torch too hot I presume) or nothing happens which probarbly means it's not hot enough, I have managed to do one but melted two, I know I need to practice but should I practice with nothing on the rings first (Iwant to run before I can walk) as I've been trying to solder charms to charm carriers?

Hi Wendy. I presume you're asking about the mesh for artclay/ PMC? This is something cookies are a little bit pricey on, so I bought mine from http://www.silverclaystore.com/stain...80mm-527-p.asp

however, you can also get it from www.silverclay.co.uk, and loads of other clay places.

HTH

Wendy, I'd practice rings with nothing on to start with, both on their own, and also held in tweezers/third hand - these will create a heat sink which changes how both the metal and solder will behave - and you need to get used to this as you'll be using just these type of tools to solder charms, for example.

Thank you I've ordered one and a couple of other bits :-)

Thanks I will give both a go, I'd only used hand held tweezers but do have third hand ones just never thought to use them :-)