Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Button Pendant

Default Button Pendant

Thougt I'd put up a pic of a pendant I made for my other half for her birthday a few weeks ago. Its the first of a range of pieces I have planned (or half made) to make it to completion, and would love to hear what you guys think!

I like it very much indeed

Apart from the chain, which I don't think works with it at all. Either a handmade, or if not, a simple trace/belcher style, or to be more in keeping with the piece, a ball chain would work better for me. Love the long birdie legs though.

Oh, you clever thing - 'tis super. Agree about the chain tho - it's too 'frilly' for the style of pendant.
    Di x

That's fabulous & very very saleable
    Nic xx
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

I like it a lot too. Is it me, or does the chain look different on either side of the pendant?
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    Oh, you clever thing - 'tis super. Agree about the chain tho - it's too 'frilly' for the style of pendant.
    When in doubt, I go for snake chain, but then I was born in the year of the snake.

thanks for the positive comments guys, I totally agree with your views on the chain!
    I designed and made the piece quite quickly when I had a flash of inspiration a few days before my partners birthday. In the limited time I had it was most important for me to get the proportions and movement of the piece correct and sadly I didnt have time to develop the chain/mounting any further due to time and lack of spare silver wire.
    I found that chain in her jewellery box as I needed something to test how the piece hung/moved, and agree that it is too fine and fancy for the style of pendant! I like the idea of a snake chain, it would suit it much better, and offer a simple resolution to the design.
    I'm fairly new to making/designing jewellery and its increasingly obvious that a full consideration for the things that people dont notice in a piece of jewellery are what make the difference between a nice idea and a great piece of jewellery.

Yes, even a little charm on a fastener, or a stone inside a ring, that only the wearer knows about. D.

this is really lovely - nice to see someone else working with buttons - I totally agree about the chain - I'd go for something simple and a think snake chain would work nicely. How do you do your rivets? Do you ball the wire ends first? Just wondered as I tried something similar recently and didn't get very good results so I opted to make a staple and rivet from the back. I initially treid it with a non-flat button which didn't help the matter either. You see what I mean here: Working with Copper & Buttons but this is the final pendant which I'm really please with:
    Find Milomade online - follow the links below....
    Website | Instagram