Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a market for....

Add me to the list as an interested party! I'd love some heart cutouts, but could easily be persuaded to go for other shapes too!

Em

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post

Keeping the punch & die aligned interests me... The only easy way I can think of is to have an outrigger with an alignment pin.
    Yeah, just think the assembly of your basic disc cutter but with the ability fix the base in place and and attatch the punch to the ram.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    Gregory have you seen the Swanstrom Disc cutter they only sell it in America. and then this guy on Ebay does one i presume from India but half the price
    Yeah I have seen this cutter set, I'd be interested to know if anyone here has used it? I'm wondering how useful in practice the spring loaded clamping lever used for pressing in place the sheet metal really is. It is something I could incorporate into the punches but it would add to the overall price. Any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKRON View Post
    Yeah, just think the assembly of your basic disc cutter but with the ability fix the base in place and and attatch the punch to the ram.

Yeah I have seen this cutter set, I'd be interested to know if anyone here has used it? I'm wondering how useful in practice the spring loaded clamping lever used for pressing in place the sheet metal really is. It is something I could incorporate into the punches but it would add to the overall price. Any thoughts on this?
    there are a few on the otherside who have and love it, Mizgeorge for on.

I like the Swanstrom one but only because it cuts larger discs. I find the handle gets in the way a lot, so don't really rate it.

I would be very much interested- especially if it would cut polypropylene sheet too. Dunno if thats possible with a cutter or if I have to get it laser cut after all- just trying to find a cheaper alternative!

Something like the Swanstrom that could produce a variety of shapes would be v interesting, esp custom ones
    J x

I was only today thinking how much i would like an oval cutter; please email me if you start making these tools! anniecracknell@gmail.com
    thanks

I'm with jayne on this one, please let me know if you make them
    Jill

Hey Mikron - was wondering if there was any development with your punches? Please can you add me to your list f interested people?!
    Cheers, Ally

Just wanted to say 'Good Luck' with your new venture and I would be interested to!