Thread: Is this a workable possibility?

Default Is this a workable possibility?

The forum invites one willing person a month from the wider Cooksons business (13500 people), to write a piece describing aspects of their work that they think might be of interest to the Cooksons Forum members. This piece or submission would then be open for discussion and questions for that month.

There would be a large subject area potentially available, from developments in fashion, stones, to the Nickel Directive, ceramics, jewellery industry in different countries. We might manage a bit of technical stuff?

There is the business side of Cooksons and how they view starving artists chipping away in cold attics. What do they think the future of artist/craftsmanship is?

As business people interested in supplying jewellers with the products they need, what do they think these small business often operating archaic processes need to do to survive?

What do they think of the internet, how they use it, how we use it. What does the fact that there is a Cooksons Forum mean to those working in Cooksons.

And so on….

Nick

Are you putting yourself forward as the first protagonist then Nick?

Oh dear have I pitched this wrong?

I mean an entirely positive process whereby we might hear from people closely involved in aspects of jewellery making and supply. View points and information which would be very difficult to obtain otherwise. And there might be an opportunity to ask further questions. I was thinking it might be quite interesting?

Of course they might not be interested in talking to us!

If I have inadvertantly implied protagonism then I apologise.

Nick

Sorry Nick. I didn't mean that in a bad way. Maybe I used the wrong word? I just meant, will you start it off?

Phew, thanks Caroleallen.

I suppose that if a number of members of the board felt that this idea or similar might interest them and replying to this thread would indicate that or otherwise; then asking those responsible for running this board for their opinion would be the next logical step?

I would be quite happy to ask that question to see where things went.

Nick