Thread: Hello from sunny Copenhagen.

Default Hello from sunny Copenhagen.

Hi all.

As the title implies i'm from Copenhagen,Denmark. I'm a dental technician, so working with gold and other metals is not new to me, i'm just used to making teeth not jewels. In recent years i've started to work more and more with jewelry in my spare time as i feel an urge to create something creative instead of just a product, don't get me wrong i love my job, but it's not very creative...i help a lot of people, which is nice, but the dental business is a very high speed, produce oriented kinda job, and sometimes very stressful. I've gotten a little home studio with just the basics, aka. the living room, and want to invest some more time into jewelry making. I'm used to lost wax casting and finishing with rotary tools because of my work, but with the jewelry i want to go almost the opposite way, and do almost everything by hand...i'm very interested in becoming better at forging and stone setting because those are the two techniques most foreign to me. So reading a lot of books lately, and hopefully i can supplement that with this forum, people here seem very friendly. I think it's time to end this rather longwinded rant, so hoping to talk to you all in the future..

Best Regards

Anton

Although I'm terrified of dentists, I'll make an exception!! Welcome to the forum!
    Lorraine

Well I'd rather go to the dentist than the hairdressers - so welcome from me too!!

(I used to flat share with a dental technician and she would frown at me when I put sugar in my tea. I have to take my own sugar when I visit her!)

Hello and Anton

Hello and welcome.

Hello Anton and welcome.

You must have a really good background to help you here. I'm very envious of your access to lost wax casting.

Nick.

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome.

I promise not to make anyone feel bad for eating sugar....and yes having access to casting equipment is a big luxury, i used to take it for granted, but the more i get into jewelry the more i appreciate it..

Anton