I am no expert, and struggling myself to find the perfect way to photograph jewellery...however, I feel the rose bracelet is too bright and there is a loss of depth. I do not use macro setting, because I need a macro lense on my camera, and this is a further 350Euro. I need to sell more jewellery before I can make this investment.
After reading the 228 page user manual of my camera, I have tried the automatic depth of field setting on my camera, and using auto focus the recommended function and manual focus, just to try. The A-Dep setting allows for as I can best describe it a 3D focus.
The major improvement I have found is to invest in daylight bulbs.
So that I can show you my recent attempts, can someone please tell me just one thing..why does cropping in photoshop reduce the sharpness of the image, and how can you gain this back?
This is renowned as the most difficult form of photography, I have an appointment with a bling bling photographer next week, in the hope that he can pass on some hints and tips, I am happy to translate it and post further next week.