Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Piercing saw and blade size question

Thank you Carlton, I shall give them a go. I don't think your head's on the block at all, but different blades seem to suit different people.

At the moment I am breaking too many blades and that goes for the Vallorbes sold by Cookson and also the Laser Gold from Rio Grande, recommended here previously.

Of course it could mean that with age I am becoming too impatient and loosing concentration. When I have used these for a while and the novelty effect has worn off I shall report back. Regards, Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Thank you Carlton, I shall give them a go. I don't think your head's on the block at all, but different blades seem to suit different people.

At the moment I am breaking too many blades and that goes for the Vallorbes sold by Cookson and also the Laser Gold from Rio Grande, recommended here previously.

Of course it could mean that with age I am becoming too impatient and loosing concentration. When I have used these for a while and the novelty effect has worn off I shall report back. Regards, Dennis.
    I've tried all of those blades and I must say I found the "Laser Gold" as much use as a chocolate teapot, I actually broke the first blade within seconds, 3 blades later they were in the bin (they were gifted to me)

Carlton
    Be careful what you wish for.......... It might come true

I am currently having success with Bergeon blades.
    Poor old Les

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Thanks Carlton
    You're welcome, it will be interesting to hear the feedback.
    Carlton
    Be careful what you wish for.......... It might come true

Thank you Carlton.

Quote Originally Posted by klevellcaine View Post
    Yes, I know this is a rather old post, but I was wondering how you got on with the Hegner scroll saw. My saw work is a wee bit wonky and I'm wondering if a scroll saw might be the answer as I really need to cut down sawing and filing times. Plus, I'm also having to cut up some large sheets of aluminium and I'm hoping it would help with that too. I did look at the Dremel Moto Saw, but can't seem to find much about using it for cutting metal...
    I've just gone down the Hegner route too - I've not gone for the foot control as it's just an on/off pedal rather than the proportional control of a micromotor et al. But... So far pretty much all I've cut is slabs of Delrin. Quite a lot of Delrin as it happens. Running flat-out with spiral blades, it enables me to profile curves far more accurately than I could with the jigsaw. Very impressed, it's saved a hell of a lot of time. I considered the cheaper Axminster clone, but the level of support & spares available suggested that with what I'm doing to it it would be a false economy.