Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rose Bracelet

I think a smaller bolt ring would look okay.
    A clasp with any kind of specific design element might not go with the rose theme imao
    Nice roses btw
    J x

I think the roses look great, but I'm with the majority about the clasp - it doesn't work with the rest of the design. I think I'd probably go for a hook clasp, concealed behind another rose or rosebud perhaps. It's hard to tell, but on the design itself, it looks as though the components are connected directly to one another with 90 degree differences on the top and bottom loops. I think they'd be a lot less obtrusive if all the loops were a little smaller, followed the same orientation, and were joined by a single jump ring between each pair. I think it would also help if you could make the number of the components uneven. At the moment, the point that will lie on the centre top of the wrist will be a connection, rather than a rose.

The photography's not threre. Silver against white is notoriously difficult to get right, but it's way too flat out at the moment. I suspect it's the lighting that's at fault - a black reflector would probably make a big difference. If the image is good enough quality (can't tell from this version) it can probably be saved with a bit of photoshop work, but the aim should always be to need little or no editing to get images looking right.

Good luck with the range.

pretty roses do you make the moulds yourself

The roses are very nice, very detailed. I agree that maybe the clasp is a bit too big for a so delicate bracelet.
    The photo is quite good, I understand that shinny silver is more difficult to photograph due to the reflects. Do you use a light tent or something similar ? Have you tried with a velvet background and/or different background colours ?
    When asking for advice presenting more photos could help the viewers to choose the most appealing photo, but this is only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    I think the roses look great, but I'm with the majority about the clasp - it doesn't work with the rest of the design. I think I'd probably go for a hook clasp, concealed behind another rose or rosebud perhaps. It's hard to tell, but on the design itself, it looks as though the components are connected directly to one another with 90 degree differences on the top and bottom loops. I think they'd be a lot less obtrusive if all the loops were a little smaller, followed the same orientation, and were joined by a single jump ring between each pair. I think it would also help if you could make the number of the components uneven. At the moment, the point that will lie on the centre top of the wrist will be a connection, rather than a rose.

The photography's not threre. Silver against white is notoriously difficult to get right, but it's way too flat out at the moment. I suspect it's the lighting that's at fault - a black reflector would probably make a big difference. If the image is good enough quality (can't tell from this version) it can probably be saved with a bit of photoshop work, but the aim should always be to need little or no editing to get images looking right.

Good luck with the range.
    I am already part way through casting more roses to alter the design so that all the rings are of the same orientation with a single ring connection (great minds). I will be putting a smaller more elegant clasp on the bracelet.

With regards to photography, i would like a darker background but i am unsure what to use, i do not want to use black as my new website is mainly with with lilacs and purples so black would look a little odd any suggestions for a clean polished looking background appreciated.

Nic i have noticed your grey back grounds you use for many of your pictures, what is this that you use? or is a trade secret.

Thank you everyone for your input its very much appreciated, i am still a novice at this game.

Regards

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    pretty roses do you make the moulds yourself
    Hi

yes i carved the rose out of wax, cast the original using the lost wax casting method and then used a vulcaniser to produce a mould.

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by arian View Post
    Now the photo's there, I still can't see the object clearly. I don't think
    a white background works.

There's no sense of scale either.
    Unsure how you could get a full sense of scale completely, i understand what you mean but without making it look silly by placing a 20p coin etc next to it scale would be difficult too show i think :-s

Hi Stu
    Will look forward to seeing version 2 of the bracelet with it's new funky clasp..
    I don't make a lot of component pieces so the clasp didn't stick out to me but now
    I've read the comments I agree that the new version will be much better

Re dark backgrounds -sugar paper (the sort you use for cardmaking) is cheap and works great
    or for a graduated effect you can make your own photo background.
    nic xx
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Quote Originally Posted by stu_clouds View Post
    Unsure how you could get a full sense of scale completely, i understand what you mean but without making it look silly by placing a 20p coin etc next to it scale would be difficult too show i think :-s
    Ah, the difficulties of showing what needs to be shown.

What's wrong with a ruler?

What's wrong with a 20p piece?

What's wrong with a wrist?

What's wrong with an apple?

What's wrong with a rose?

What's wrong with this post?

haha i like it.

as iv paid alot for the website im developing i am trying to get a professional look and in my honest opinion having something next to a piece of jewellery like a 20p would not look to professional and would remind me of some bad wholesale websites i used to use. although maybe i could get a nice astheticly pleasing ruler and have that with the piece as a secondary photograph maybe.

regards

Stu