Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stone Setting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    Luncheon meat for dinner, Andrew?
    If you care to look 3 posts above your last post you will see that daisychain mentioned one of her courses.

I dont see you mentioning spam to her so why have a go at me?
    Its finally here. The answer to your Online Jewellery Training

Just Click Below

AtTheBench Jewellery Training for Jewellers

Because out of 111 posts, daisychain has mentioned her business/promoted her business (other than in her simple text link) a handful of times. Out of your 24 posts I estimate (I really can't be bothered to count) that you have directed people to your site at least 33% of the time.

Daisychain has been a contributing member of this community for some time now. You became a member, coincidentally, when you had a product to sell.

That is why.
    Di x

I think a lot of those posts have also given help and tips, Di. Surely spam is something different.
    And I thought we were more laid back than to go round counting posts.

I agree with Moon Cottage - it's borderline spam and it is getting a bit tiresome.

As above, and I'd say 50%

Sorry chaps, just trying to help.

Andrew
    Last edited by andrew_berry; 08-07-2010 at 09:51 PM.
    Its finally here. The answer to your Online Jewellery Training

Just Click Below

AtTheBench Jewellery Training for Jewellers

For what it's worth Andrew, I like what I've seen of your videos, but I feel that you're slightly over-egging things at the moment on the commercial side.
    That said, I don't make the rules; just try to enforce them as best I can - so I've bounced it it to Cooksons for their input.

There's a lot I'd like the opportunity to learn from your particular skillset - not least of which is time-efficient techniques.

Hints and tips for forum marketing:

Keep in mind that most forums do not allow advertising in their post and the regular participants of these forums can smell an ad from a mile away. This way of using the forums will not make you any friends so keep your content exactly that, content. Add value to the forum by providing your own unique quality copy.

Forums allow a signature line were you can place a small description about your business along with a link to your website. Here is where your link popularity can climb and climb steadily as new post creates new fresh content that the search engines love.

Ok, I might seriously regret this (shooting self in foot?) but I'm getting a whiff of double standards here.

Alan, you know you invited someone here a couple of months ago who worked for a Chinese wholesale company and advertised that fact here and elsewhere. No useful posts or hints and tips from them! Others only post to say, "Oooo look, I've made these, and they're for sale here."

I'm sensing an elephant in the room. This has been bugging me, so I'll trust my instincts, even though I haven't spoken to anyone else about it. You may say I'm over sensitive but I'm not imagining this - some UKJC/GOJD members have been somewhat dismissive and sarcastic towards a certain Mr Berry, both here and at UKJC. I really hope this isn't about GOJD versus AtThe Bench! As a member of both UKJC and GOJD I'd be upset and embarrassed if this was the case. I think they serve different purposes but to the same people. Before you ask, I have no ulterior motive and am not a paid up member of ATB. I may become one in the future. I just don't see the need for there to be any aggro. We're all trying to do the same thing - make beautiful jewellery, improve ourselves and help each other.

Cue yackum to hit fan - well, my fan anyway - I've just insulted my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by lesley View Post
    Ok, I might seriously regret this (shooting self in foot?) but I'm getting a whiff of double standards here.

Alan, you know you invited someone here a couple of months ago who worked for a Chinese wholesale company and advertised that fact here and elsewhere. No useful posts or hints and tips from them! Others only post to say, "Oooo look, I've made these, and they're for sale here."

I'm sensing an elephant in the room. This has been bugging me, so I'll trust my instincts, even though I haven't spoken to anyone else about it. You may say I'm over sensitive but I'm not imagining this - some UKJC/GOJD members have been somewhat dismissive and sarcastic towards a certain Mr Berry, both here and at UKJC. I really hope this isn't about GOJD versus AtThe Bench! As a member of both UKJC and GOJD I'd be upset and embarrassed if this was the case. I think they serve different purposes but to the same people. Before you ask, I have no ulterior motive and am not a paid up member of ATB. I may become one in the future. I just don't see the need for there to be any aggro. We're all trying to do the same thing - make beautiful jewellery, improve ourselves and help each other.

Cue yackum to hit fan - well, my fan anyway - I've just insulted my friends!
    I don't think I've ever been sarcastic or dismissive to Andrew on either forum, if I have ever come across like that to you Andrew then I apologise (certainly don't remember a time). I do feel however that he has been a little over zealous with the promoting of the bench thingy but it doesn't really bother me at all. I tend to just switch off when the spam detector goes off because I doubt if any of the videos would apply or be useful to me anyway and end up thinking 'oh gawd, he's off again!'

I think everybody who is serious about promoting their company and taken part in forums has fallen for the 'over promotion trap' when they first join - I did myself in my younger days and received exactly the same treatment and it does teach you a few things if you are willing to take notice.

However, GETi make the best Titanium rings on the planet and if you visit GETi Wedding rings, black zirconium mens rings and titanium rings. - Home you'll be amazed and astounded at the vast range available......oops! sorry!
    Last edited by geti-titanium; 08-07-2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: little smilie sucker added