Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stone Setting

Urgh - I keep forgetting about that! The postage for that though should be only about $10 maximum. I am so lucky to have loads of tool options - my husband is not so lucky, because it costs him a fortune!

Well - I will be coming back and forth a lot this year - so if anyone really wants one, I will be happy to take delivery and bring them over for you - as gifts of course

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Urgh - I keep forgetting about that! The postage for that though should be only about $10 maximum. I am so lucky to have loads of tool options - my husband is not so lucky, because it costs him a fortune!

Well - I will be coming back and forth a lot this year - so if anyone really wants one, I will be happy to take delivery and bring them over for you - as gifts of course
    How big is your suitcase???
    I'm hoping to visit the US with my OH in September - I've been wondering about ordering items and getting them delivered to the hotel!
    Lorraine

Good idea! But UPS ground or fedex ground usually take 5 business days to arrive - not counting the day you order. Other services are usually more expensive. Sometimes USPS will come up with a good rate and they usually take 3 days. Where are you visiting?

I've finally somewhere and am enrolled at the Birmingham School of Jewellery to do a stone setting course in July - can't wait! Thank you for the suggestion x

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Good idea! But UPS ground or fedex ground usually take 5 business days to arrive - not counting the day you order. Other services are usually more expensive. Sometimes USPS will come up with a good rate and they usually take 3 days. Where are you visiting?
    We're starting in Washington DC, then driving to Nashville, then up to Chicago, then across to Buffalo and Niagara, then down to Falling Water (Frank LLoyd Wright house) and finally back to Washington for a couple of days. 3 weeks in total - and we've got our tickets and car booked (and some of the hotels!) I can't wait!!
    Lorraine

If you fancy something a bit closer to home next time, I'm in Southampton and I'm running a stone setting workshop on Saturday 3rd July - just finalised the date today! The details are here Stone Setting Workshop - Saturday 3rd July 10am - £70.00 : Daisychain Jewellery, Unique Handcrafted Jewellery by Joanne Tinley if you fancy a look! Hope you enjoy the Birmingham course. My inlaws are in Staffordshire and I keep promising myself a trip round all the jewellery sights on a visit up there!
    Jo
    Daisychain Jewellery - Handcrafted sterling silver jewellery and jewellery tuition
    www.daisychainjewellery.co.uk
    www.daisychaindesignsjewellery.blogspot.com

Lorraine, sounds like an amazing trip!! I keep meaning to do a roadtrip, but for some reason we just haven't got around to it. We loved niagra falls when we visited, but we only actually needed one full day there - very touristy - I wish we had gone to see the lakes now instead of staying there two nights. Washington was fab! so much to see and do - the museums could take a whole week.

There are quite a few stone setting videos on ww.AtTheBench.com in case you are interested? Ranging from the beginner (bezel setting) right through to advanced techniques.

The advantage with videos, whether online or as a DVD is that you can watch them as often as you like, when ever you like.

Also if you go to Andrew Berry Jewellery we also sell Jewellery DVD's too and have just shipped a large consignment to Karl Fischer in Germany.

Andrew
    Its finally here. The answer to your Online Jewellery Training

Just Click Below

AtTheBench Jewellery Training for Jewellers

Luncheon meat for dinner, Andrew?
    Di x

I have seen many of your tutorials and have enjoyed them immensely. Many thanks. I have also used Fischer and found some of their findings invaluable and unavailable elsewhere with the exception of the US, for those not living in the UK they are a very useful site to know about.