Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: hello and help please

Sorry to be a bit thick but do I gather from this thats it's just a personal choice who uses silver clay and who uses pmc3? I've only used slow dry 650 silver clay and I have played with it very little now i'm all unsure if what I did was right. Mind you so far nothing has gone weird but i've not worn anything next to me skin yet.

hello,
    I usually go for the slow dry - although I have used pmc3 too - I only torch fire my pieces.
    What do you mean you're unsure if it what you did was right?
    What did you do? if you have some pics that'd be fab :-)
    Lyd x

Hi
    I've only used art clay (slow drying) once and pmc3 twice and I much prefer the pmc, it's texture is much easier to work with and mold and roll, but a lot is down to personal choice. I found that both in paste form are ok, and just got my first syringe of pmc. A couple of my art cly pieces broke after kiln firing, I've not had any brakeage with pmc
    Wendy :-)

Thats interesting. I've got the tiniest Kiln in the world with 2 instructions number 8 for silver clay and 10 for glass. Bless it, there isn't even a manufacturers name on it but (fingers and toes crossed) my little bits seem to have fired fine. After reading this i've talked my kids into wearing my bits to see how they fair next to skin etc and we'll see. As for piccies it's far too early to come out of the closet LOL i'm still working my way through all the info on here and each time I read something I think "oh lord I did that wrong too" LOL a very steep learning curve. I think i'll have a go with the pmc and see what occurs, thanks