Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Learning Viking Weave

Really nice Nicci

Have you tried to do a double knit then single for about 5 rows then back to double for about 10. What you get is a beautiful almost beaded like necklace. I have only made two of these both in copper. Sorry no pics but might try it again sometime.

You can with a bit of practise do double knit with two wires at the same time. If you do it in in two colours you get a really nice strapped pattern or changing the weave slightly (1 row double with one wire and the other single gives a great mottled effect.

I'll be honest I have not done these effects for a couple of years but once I finish the orders I have for the standard knit I will get some done and post...but don't hold your breath.

And Cathy as long as you get the tension right then I can knock out a bracelet in as little as 3 hours (for double stitch - Longer if I use bronze) which makes it worthwhile to sell and I do sell a lot of these with no beads or ordornments, normally to males

Oooh might have a go at those two effects - if only to show my class that it is worth the spending a bit more time to create something more special - they all want to go home with a complete set of jewellery after 2 hours!

Cathy, both of these I wove/weaved (?) sitting in front of the TV in an evening each and then did the silverwork (end caps, clasp and bead) the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheltie View Post
    I'll be honest I have not done these effects for a couple of years but once I finish the orders I have for the standard knit I will get some done and post...but don't hold your breath.
    What?!? You mean you are not going to get on and produce samples for us right now Sheltie? That's completely unacceptable!!

Absolutely gorgeous piece Nic I love it... must took lots of patience.
    mia x