Thread: Postage costs

Unhappy Postage costs

Hi Cooksons,

I've just been putting an order together for some small items with the largest being some silver dip, and there's only free collection or courier service available as postage options. It's stating £11 for the cheapest option for me as I can't collect, which I think is a bit steep. Is this right? Have you totally binned the Royal Mail option?

Thanks,
    Fiona
    Fi Wilson
    Flickr

It will be because of the silver dip. With hazardous products Cooksons only use a courier service - you can understand why.

Yep. Dump the silver dip (it's cheaper in Tesco anyway) and the cost should come down to a couple of quid. I did notice the special delivery option disappeared on Freepost weekend though, and it was the hopeless courier instead - which means stuff turns up randomly and usually rather late in the day, rather than with our lovely postie.

Smile

Thanks Lesley, never thought of the silver dip as a "hazardous substance" but I suppose it makes sense. I'll got back to my basket to bin it and try to justify to myself getting something else to fill the 'void'! Hee hee!
    Fi Wilson
    Flickr

Dear Fiona

George is correct in that silver dip is now classed as a hazardous material, and we legally now have to use a courier who has in place the necessary standards and processes to carry this type of product.

In addition to genuine chemicals and hazardous materials the Royal Mail will no longer carry anything liquid, and therefore we now unfortuatnly have to send other products via this alternative service.

So unfortuatnly with dip and many other products we have to use this much more expesive service.

Regards

Adam Hunter
    E-Commerce Manager - Cookson Precious Metals

Smile

Thanks Adam, good to know for future orders.
    Fi
    Fi Wilson
    Flickr