Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aether - Fine Silver necklace

Gorgeous as usual Nic. You should win hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by MuranoSilver View Post
    Lol yes but they haven't sent an e-mail saying they got the picture so I hope I still got in...
    Have you entered?
    Nicxx
    lol Nic! Yep, I did enter, although my piece is nowhere near as polished as yours. I've posted a pic on my new blog as there seem to have been some discouraging comments about PMC jewellery here over the last few days I have no delusions that I'll win, but I did enjoy the challenge.
    Good luck - I'm certain you'll do really well (and I'm pinching the way you used your silver tube! - I never thought about bending and bashing!)

I haven't had an email confirmation either (I didn't get an error message either), so I hope our entries got through!

Glad it's not just me that didn't get an e-mail confirmation...I just went to your blog and that's a fabulous piece too!
    The textures you get with the micro-knitting are both beautiful and unique & I can't wait to see how you develop them
    (so exciting to see friends coming up with new ways to use explore the textural capabilities of metal clays)

Pshaw on disparaging comments, afraid you have to get used to it, some folks are just harder on judging metal clay pieces *shrug*
    Anyone who's tried metal clay usually realises that, like any medium, it takes time and patience to learn how to get the best from it !!
    Love the way you used the side tubes to join the pieces together (another avenue worth exploring?)

Have you considered making a framing piece first? Once dry you can use it to frame you micro-knit.
    It's how I make my text texture hearts & I think it would really make that fantastic texture you made POP!
    Good Luck to both of us with the comp
    Nic xxx
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

I am having a tinker with PMC over the weekend with my friend Rita who has been beavering away for some months and makes some rather average work if I am to be totally honest. I hope she doesn't read these forums, she would be most annoyed with me although I am quite frank to her face. Hopefully I can transfer some of my sugar crafting skills from my cake decorating days into creating some special looking jewellery.

I don't particularly like the style of this piece to be honest, it is undoubtedly very well made but upon first glance reminds me of some sort of 'Incan Ironing Board'.

I think we are all waiting with bated breath to see your silver jewellery Celia.
    Jane,
    (although I quite like Sunny!)

I simply cannot wait to get to grips with Precious Metal Clay Jane, I shall post up my first pieces over the weekend, I am rather excited, think it will truly remind me of the old days of working with florist paste. I was quite the star at the London Cake Shop where I used to work and we had many prestigious customers.

It must be wonderful to be skilled in so many areas, me I'm just a jack of all trades, master of none.
    Jane,

Nic, back on thread, hope you do well, the pendant and chain are lovely and must have taken ages.
    Jane,

Yes Jane it did take a fair while
    The piece also took a while to name...
    It's entitled Aether which in Greek mythology was the personification of the "upper sky", space and heaven.
    Later in Alchemy the Aether theories were those that supposed the existance of a Fifth element... (all very appealing to me as a title)

Celia - I hope your first pieces turn out splendidly, it would be wonderful to have a talented sugar crafter such as yourself give PMC a try.
    Sorry that I didn't have your input before researching a name for my entry, though "Incan Ironing Board" left me a bit flat

Nic xx
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybank View Post
    It must be wonderful to be skilled in so many areas, me I'm just a jack of all trades, master of none.
    Me too!!

Yo
    u don't have to like the style of something to love the workmanship! I wouldn't wear Nic's or Sharon's wonderful pieces as they're not quite me. I them both though. The work, the texture, the creativity....I could go on.

I always thought I'd find pmc easy....then I had a go!!! Much harder than it looks and you have to be so much braver (or mega rich) as its quite expensive /g. One day I'll try again. I don't ike to be defeated by something!