Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need a new laptop- PC or Mac? Your recommendations please

I'm a PC all the way.

Mac’s are so, so pretty and reliable but you get more for your money with a PC. I tend to use the adobe creative suite quite a lot so for me my PC has been excellent.

I would recommend an Acer as I have found them to be really robust and hard wearing. Even when I dropped my laptop on the floor (and it cracked the lid), it worked for a solid 2 years after. I’m sure it only broke because I decided to wipe it and put linex on it – which it didn’t like very much! LOL
    Cute, kitsch and handmade: Teastained Jewellery
    Info and tips: Teastained Jewellery Blog

Hello,

I need to acquire a laptop, as the boy monopolises the computer playing World of Warcraft. Sigh...

Anyway, much as I'd love a Mac, all my artwork has been created on PC and I'm assuming it's not even worth trying to reformat it. I need a laptop that will happily run Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom without freezing all the time. I was looking at a Dell Studio 17", with 1GB dedicated graphics, but it's £700 and weighs the same as a small tank. Am I overestimating the specs I need on a laptop to run the adobe programs? I know nothing of laptops. Please help!

Thank you kindly

You will be able to open your Adobe files on a Mac, as long as you have Mac version of the software! As for the 1GB dedicated graphics, that's more useful for gaming, so probably not that much of a requirement for you. I use Creative Suite & Lightroom on both my Windows machines the laptop is lowest spec with a dual core 2Ghz processor and 3GB of RAM. I have the basic Intel built graphics that came on the laptop and it's more than fine!
    Lucinda

Ah, I have the PC version of the software sadly, so no Mac for me. If I don't need dedicated graphics, that does make it cheaper though. Thanks for your help!