Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New website home page critique

Default New website home page critique

hi everyone,

we are in the process of having a website built and would like to know what you think of the homepage so far. this is just an early draft so open to adjustments.

Welcome To SC Silver

ignore the images used as they will be made with our own jewellery at a later date, just the general layout colours etc.

thanks & kind regards

Stuart

Looks very good so far but will be better when the pieces are yours
    Would make me feel confident about buying as it looks very professional.
    Sorry can't comment further as there aren't any other pages to investigate.
    nic x
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

as they work on more pages i will post them, i only commissioned them last week so its moving along. thanks for you comment Nic

looks like it will be easy to navigate which is key...just one thing...why the american spelling with personaliZed????Is it a UK site?

one more thing...I noticed you have an established blog. Will this be integrated into the main site? Or will this be a separate blog on a different domain ???

thank you for pointing out the spelling i will inform them straight away. The blog is an add on they will do at a later date, but as always they want more money to do it despite it not taking them long just to set it up. So for now im going to have to be content to point people from my blog to the site URL.

thanks for your words of wisdom.

Stu x

no probs stu....just a question (you don't have to answer...... how much are they charging for you to have the blog intergrated into your site????) I wanted my blog on my site and my web guys were talking £300 and at the time thought it was too much money but REALLY regret it now, as I am left with a site and a blog to promote!!!! It's like having two websites...double the work. Having a blog as PART of your main site means you can write articles, get experts to guest blog, it is so much more versitile and your site gets all the credit and link juice....woth thinking about...but I know what it's like when you start something with a budget in mind...if it's worth anything i really regret not having it intergrated in my site.

they have said i can add it at a later date, i never got a quote for an exact price for a blog as i was just going to use the blogspot, but i now intend to get one made by them in a few months, once finances allow. I will let you know how much they quote when i discuss it with them. i would expect it to be in the region of £300 though.

Stu x

The customer/shopping interface is nice and clear. I find the repeat pattern background a little distracting, for me plain would be better to draw the eye wholly to your merchandise.

Nice colours and layout but definitely ditch the background for something that doesn't resemble a favourite auntie's parlour