Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I was burgled!

I'm so sorry you were burgled, but at least you were not harmed, hopefully the rotten sod won't come back again. Try an put it behind you and move forward.
    Love and light,
    Maggie[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT

When my garage was broken into by lifting the up and over door up, they got it up by lifting from the bottom edge.

A few days later I was in the local post office / shop and while talking to the owner , I said that I had installed a device to take the finger prints of the next person(s) who tried to lift the door! He thought that it was a good idea until i pointed out i was going to take the originals along with about 1 inch of each finger back from the prints. I’ve now got a 10 foot long spring powered guillotine installed!!!!!

I would keep your spare pickle just above the window in an open top pot.
    Neil

Oh no! Big hugs. What a horrible thing to have to go through

Ahhh this is horrible. My mac was also stolen - my flatmate left the window open and the laptop on the table, all the burgular had to do was reach through the window..they didnt even have to step inside. After this a "stalker" kept showing up at my window trying to get in, everytime he came I was in the room with the lights on...so make sure you take every precaution to ensure it doesnt happen again...news apparently travels quickly in the criminal world!

That sucks! In my old house in England we got burgled about 3 times, I also had my Mac laptop stolen. On the plus side through the insurance they sent me a brand new upgraded Mac.
    It is horrible though knowing some stranger has been through your house. Thank god they were thick enough not to notice your work bench and valuables there!

ha ha. yes, the one good thing about all this is that I am being sent a cheque for the full current cost of a new mac book in John Lewis (I argued my case for the John Lewis 2 year guarantee), and it's the next version of the operating system - so a minor upgrade for me, and a laptop without gravy splashes on it.

I've still to actually receive the cheque though....

I am very glad he didn't take any of my jewellery stuff though slightly offended that my nearly finished bracelet didn't look good enough to sell.....

Its a conundrum when thiefs don't steal your jewellery. I've always wondered if I'd be flattered or mad if one stole mine.

He likely didn't take it cause it wasn't finished. Be careful- he may be waiting for the finished product.

That is really, really terrible! Sorry to hear about it.

Lucky they didn't notice your jewellery stuff.

I hope it doesn't happen to you again or anyone else.
    Cute, kitsch and handmade: Teastained Jewellery
    Info and tips: Teastained Jewellery Blog

After posting this, I was reading one of the blogs I follow - and they had posted about the Macbook book...has anyone heard of it? Ingenius! Its a case to put your mac in, but it looks like a vintage book...I think its a great idea!! I think a company called twelvesouth do them - their website is here. Utterly brilliant!!

That's really cool - though not sure carrying a big book with zips on is much of a security disguise, lol
    Love the concept and fun stuff like this, maybe they should have one for PC's with the new windows operating system
    hmmm "Great Expectations" or "Pride & Prejudice"
    nic xx
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver