Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now I've gone and done it...

Default Now I've gone and done it...

Have sold myself so well that, even without any samples, I have managed to get myself into two fairs at a local National Trust property (Arlington House). Gonna have to come up with the goods now

I've done National Trust fairs before with my woodturning and very successful they were too - especially just before Christmas, which one of these is (the other is in October) but I had built up my stock before booking. All I did was express interest and when I talked up the 'local' angle they near bit me hand off

Better start working as I only have six pieces in my inventory at the moment.

Any advice, tips, calming recipes gratefully received.
    Di x

No advice, as I've never done a proper craft fair, but I just wanted to say I'm sure it'll turn out fine (and that you're very brave!), especially seeing as you know what to expect from National Trust fairs.

I know when I have a deadline, I try to make myself stay focused and not get distracted by self-doubt, so I can get it all done. (I have to shout "Stop thinking, just do it! in my head!)

Huh. Well, I guess that was sort of like advice

you will have too turn the computer off maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there nothing like abit of pressure to get things moving. you will do it

What - I didn't know you could turn computers off Myke!
    Di x

well done

Di, theres a green dot by your name, GET WORKING!"!!!
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

WOW Congrats... I'm sure you'll get everything done in time and have a wonderful time to boot!

OOOh! Congratulations! What kind of jewellery do you make? And how much do you need? And, and and how do you get a slot at a fair?

God, I'm excited about it and I'm not even involved!

Di - I hope you mean Arlington Court, not House as that is in Eastbourne? =:-
    O

When is it? Is it the Victorian Christmas Fair on 5th & 6th Dec? I could come down to pick up my Nanna and come and see you!

Arlington Court, not House
    Oops - yeah, its Arlington Court. I'm doing the Harvest one at the end of October and the Victorian Christmas in December. It would be great to see you - and anybody else for that matter

Have been over there today - my jewellery is all locally inspired and I thought it would be good to have some pieces inspired by the place itself. What a goldmine it is too - peacocks and beautiful flowers in the grounds and high Victoriana inside. Additionally, the last owner was a bit of a collector so the place is full of all sorts of wonders - lots and lots of inspiration.
    Di x