Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: why

all i can say is WOW!

I have had a yearn to make some jewellery for quite a few years but just didnt know where to start. So i started doing other craft stuff, until i finaly had the courage to tell hubby that i wanted to do a course thats run at one of the local colleges. It doesnt give me any qualifications but hopefully is teaching me the basics.
    So i started last term and i am totally and utterly hooked
    Last edited by bustagasket; 31-07-2009 at 08:03 AM.
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Because it was there?

I needed some silver fittings for a project I was working on, and became slightly sidetracked...

Hi seeing that I posted the question maybe I should tell a bit of my story.I trained in leather work making belts handbags wallets ect mostly in deerskine.really from the time I left school I have been involved in crafts. I had a craftcentre for four years were I did my leather work and sold other peoples work.a couple came in one day with a range of there Jewellery all made from copper wire beads and discs which I really liked and it sold very well.I was getting bord with the leather work and wanted a change so I went to the local electrition and asked if he had any old caple I got masses of the stuff so I started to make some very primitive jewellery. sadly the craftcentre did not work out and I lost my house and all that shite. so I took on a hand cart in a shopping centre in Dundee and sold my primitive jewellery and it has developed from there. I love it and hate it.this year i have just stayed at home selling once a week at a very small outdoor marked in Ullapool and the odd bits sell from the website.normaly I trail about selling at music fests for the summer but last year was terrible my youngest son died and his mum died six` weeks later so as you can imagin its hard to find insperation for jewellery or anything at the moment.I do injoy this forum.good luck to everyone with there projects ect.thats enough ramplings for now all the best myke

Myke - my heart goes out to you.

Di x

Default So sorry myke......

Myke - you sound like a really lovely bloke, creative, strong and resourceful. It's so sad how the really horrible stuff seems to happen to people like you. I'm sure all us 'cluckky mother hen' types on this forum would love to give you a big hug now!! It may not be a lot of help - but we are all just a keyboard away...and from what I can see - there seems to be somebody or other on line all day and night!

Barbara

Myke thats so sad, I'm in on the big

Thanks I can feel the big hug reaching me up here. thanks to you all love myke

I'm in on the action too, my hug is a little bigger as it doesn't have too far to travel Keep looking for inspiration Myke.

Well my story is similar;

I have always done something in the background that has been craft related all my life. I sarted doing pressed flowers at about 7 and my dad made me a huge flower press. From there I started making cards with them and then other types of cards. When I left home I then made all my own Christmas cards to send to family and friends. Did that as a hobby for a while and then had a handmade Wedding Stationery business for a while, but couldn't spend as much time as I wanted on it as I was still working full time. In the last 10 years I have usually tried to do something different at an evening class and have done Stained Glass, PMC, Yoga, Photoshop, and silversmithing (for the last 3) amongst others. I took redundancy from work and have used some of the money to set myself up with tools etc for Stained Glass and Silver. The rest of the money will pay the mortgage payments for about 3 years and if I haven't made a go of this by then, then I will have to get a 'proper' job or at least one that brings in some regular money. My husband is soooooooooo lovely and understanding and just wants me to be happy (I too went through a short spell of depression a few years ago - but not a serious one, buses were never a consderation, I just cried A LOT).

I love the feeling that someone else thinks what I have made is worth paying for and wearing

oops, completely missed this page before I pressed reply at the bottom of page 1 as I was so eager to post.

to Myke and anyone else in need at the moment.