Thread: Ghosts

Default Ghosts

Anyone here believe in them? Got any good ghost stories? C'mon, share with us!

Smile

I'm going to be the first stick in the mud here and say I 100% don't believe in them, lol (probably helps that I'm an atheist)... but I'm still interested in the stories, I know people don't make stuff up, the mind is a powerful thing, I have seen some odd things in my time too, but I've read a lot about the mind/brain and how it works etc (no where near knowing much yet though!).

i don't believe in ghost but it is said to be very haunted around kent with the "GHOSTS OF BLUE BELL HILL" being the most well known

I do believe in them... well... I have a very open mind lets say and in my youth I was obsessed by reading about them, UFO's etc etc etc

I have seen one... when I was young I was walking down the canal where I used to live and there was an odd looking guy walking behind us some yards away. I say odd because he was dressed in really old Mill workers type costume and we thought he was just someone having a lunch break or something from one of the local mills who used to have open days etc (I lived in Macclesfield where we used to have Silk Mills).

Anyway as we walked on a bit we noticed the guy in front of us some yards suddenly and we turned around to check if the guy was still behind us and he wasn't.

Now, we hadn't seen him appear or disappear, there was no way he could have overtaken us without us seeing him and there was no way onto the footpath where he appeared. PLUS he was wearing some pretty distinctive clothing... the likelihood of two people wearing the same thing was virtually zero!

After he went around a bend and we followed he was nowhere to be seen despite the fact there were still no places that he could have gone to!

Apparently there have been more sightings of a man fitting the same description around that area for many, many years!

I don't believe alot of stories I've heard and the Americans are the worst for UFO stories so I've become somewhat sceptical over the years but I still have an open mind about anything paranormal and still love reading as much about it as I can. Hence a good portion of my bookshelf being taken up by paranormal books!

I am also convinced this flat is haunted by a victorian gentleman and at least one child because I swear I have 'felt' something or seen something out of the corner of my eye but I don't know... maybe that's my fertile imagination!

I definitely believe - and with good reason. I must get on with my website otherwise I'll have another day of achieving nothing. Later on tho, I'll write about it.
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by julie View Post
    i don't believe in ghost but it is said to be very haunted around kent with the "GHOSTS OF BLUE BELL HILL" being the most well known

Oooooh, this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoW6GKYSDCs

That's really creepy!

roadghosts.com bluebell hill now thats got the really scary stories ,enough to make your stand on end blame me if you get nightmares tho ...

I used to read book after book on ghosts with never a bother until I read a story about some white opera gloves which used to appear around the door (as if being worn) in a certain families house... I remember it being quite a terrifying story and that ONE story has given me the shivers ever since *shivers*

Nothing else has really bothered me to be honest, I'm much more scared of real people lol

I found a whole load of ghosty clips on youtube. Bloody computer freezes up and when I get back on line, can I find any of the clips I wanted to watch? Can I 'eck!