Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knew Concept Saws

ooh i do a lot of piercing - i'm very inerested to read this thread!

tho tbh, i do like my current saw and get on well with it....(not sure what make it is, one of those adjustable ones - says it from Switzerland)

Oooh, just had a look at the link...
    if only I'd known about them earlier I could have brought everyone some back with me from Otto Frei

Default knew concepts saws

Hello all...First, I want to apologize for barging in, but I have a problem that you might be able to help with.

To introduce myself, I am Lee Marshall, maker of the Knew Concepts saw that some of you are using (and enjoying). Thank you very much.

I have been trying (without success) to reach out to Cookson to talk about setting up a distributorship with them. Zero response! Can any of you reach out to them to make them aware of my interest? (It is probably a spam filter sort of thing).

As those of you that have purchased my saws directly know, the cost of freight is ridiculous! Setting up a distributorship relationship would be a logical business move, but without any response, I am at a loss to know what to do next.

I will be in Birmingham the 13th and 14th of August (staying at Crown Plaza) and would be delighted to meet any of you that might be in the area. Ideally, we could arrange a group time to meet for tea (or coffee for the Colonial).

Thanking you in advance,

Lee (the saw guy)

At $47 dollars it is a bit steep. Piercing is all about experience and technique.

Unless someone want to lend me one to try?

Andrew
    Its finally here. The answer to your Online Jewellery Training

Just Click Below

AtTheBench Jewellery Training for Jewellers

Lee, I think just by posting on this forum you will have attracted their attention. Have pm'd you.

Plus, have copied to the customer service forum, which Cooksons read on a regular basis.
    Last edited by Di Sandland; 12-07-2010 at 04:56 PM.
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by knewcoincepts View Post
    Hello all...First, I want to apologize for barging in, but I have a problem that you might be able to help with.

To introduce myself, I am Lee Marshall, maker of the Knew Concepts saw that some of you are using (and enjoying). Thank you very much.

I have been trying (without success) to reach out to Cookson to talk about setting up a distributorship with them. Zero response! Can any of you reach out to them to make them aware of my interest? (It is probably a spam filter sort of thing).

As those of you that have purchased my saws directly know, the cost of freight is ridiculous! Setting up a distributorship relationship would be a logical business move, but without any response, I am at a loss to know what to do next.

I will be in Birmingham the 13th and 14th of August (staying at Crown Plaza) and would be delighted to meet any of you that might be in the area. Ideally, we could arrange a group time to meet for tea (or coffee for the Colonial).

Thanking you in advance,

Lee (the saw guy)
    If you're the same Lee Marshall that started Bonny Doon Engineering and you still have links with it then try and get Cooksons to distribute the presses as well ;-)

Lee, if you don't have any joy with Cooksons, I know another company here in the UK that would be only too interested.

I hold my hand up - I am a huge fan of the Knew Concept - and I think it's worth every cent (apart from the shipping cost!)

its on my need list, fantastic if it got distributed in the UK

Wow! I think that I struck a responsive chord!
    I'm going to answer a couple of queries with this.
    1...yes, I was the designer and builder of the Bonny Doon Press line. I sold it off to Phil Poirier in Taos, NM several years ago, and at that point, all control passed out of my hands. I know that he markets it exclusively through Rio Grande Tools.
    2...yes, piercing is all about technique and skill, and it is possible to do fantastic work with marginal tools. Good tools only make it easier. That is true for every craft and trade.
    3...I was starting with Cookson, but I am open to other suppliers. In the U.S. I have done a general release to four of the majors, plus direct sales as well. Also, the sales level in AU is very high, particularly with the woodworking groups, where they are using the 8" for cutting the baseline of dovetails.
    Recently, an enterprising jeweler in the Netherlands ordered 25 mixed sizes (shipping was only $60 which works out to only $2.40 each). I would imagine that he already had them pre-sold, and paid me by Paypal. Contact me offline for info.

Cookies please please please get some! It's been on my wishlist for ages and the only thing putting me off was postage and customs charges!!

Em.
    Emma