Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rolling Sheet silver for bangles

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    However, craft packs of skeleton leaves (sold mainly for papercrafters) are excellent and give a very good, clear impression on both copper and silver.
    I had some lovely little nylon leaf skeletons that made for fantastic impressions - probably from a similar source. Never seen any quite right since - possibly I've been looking in the wrong places (Hobbycraft, for example).

Rollers on rolling mills seem to gain sort of stain type marks whatever you do. Perhaps if you oiled them every night and polished them....

I wonder if Durston has considered the idea of supplying reduction gearboxes as a later fitment when it can be afforded?

I've noticed also that when the mill is operating at maximum throat capacity, the helical gears that Peter refers to, are engaging by only a few millimeters and there is a terrific load applied to the teeth.

Nick.

Thanks Dennis and George for your advice. That necklace is lovely George and has exactly the type of finish i'm trying to produce - think i may need to take a trip to my local art suppliers! I will also try the annealing and pickling and see how I get the best effect. The leaf skeletons I collected are headed for the compost heap!

Thank you!
    Tabby