Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: First Diet Class

Wink First Diet Class

Well tonight i did it, i went to my first meeting to get shot of this weight.
    The hospital told me i have to lose some (quite a bit lol) to help both my asthma and my stupid vocal chords, and also to relieve the strain on my already knackered back, so finally tonight my class started and i went along. I have about 4.5 stone to lose, and willl have no normal food for 14 weeks starting tomorrow morning.

Wish me luck girls, the first 3 days will be the hardest, but i have to do this, i cant stand not being able to reach stuff anymore cos my stomach gets in the way, and as my back is pinned i only bend at the hips and the shoulders so a stomach in the way really isnt helping.

I was weighed, measured and photographed, and will have my BP, pulse etc checked every 28 days. I feel very positive about it, but i know at first its going to be real hell. Hoping to keep my mind occupied with my jewellery and this forum. So keep me on the straight and narrow please lol
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Good luck. I did that diet (I think) last year and lost 3.5 stones. I've since put a bit back on but am still struggling with it. It really does work and you'll lose your weight in no time as long as you stick to it.

Good Luck Su! I am sure you can do this Happy to try and distract you whenever I can

good luck su ,we will do our best to keep you distracted

Thanks everyone, i think i gonna need all the help i can get - i am already hungry just thinking about it. Gotta retrain my brain!
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

You have my unalloyed (thought that a good word for this forum) admiration. I need to lose about the same as you but can't be arsed to do anything about it
    Di x

GOOD LUCK!

I too am going to (have to) lose alot of weight and was seeing a wonderful dietician who I really loved going to see until she got a better paid job and left... I was absolutely gutted!

She told me there was no such word as diet, diets should be banned as they are extremely harmful but there is a lifestyle change

We could support each other here... if you're teetering on the edge of the 'lifestyle change' waggon, post here and we'll talk each other out of it!!

I unfortunately have alot more to lose than 4.5 stone

Thumbs up

Good luck bustagasket! You can do it, its all mental, as you say the first three days are the worst, but once you see the weight coming off it really drives you on!

What have you had done to your back? I had scoliosis correction surgery 2 years ago and my spine was all pinned together too!

Is it all dieting or is there an exercise class as well? I'm a huge foodie so I tend to eat what I want and try to burn it off at the gym And you get much quicker results this way.

I would like to loose about 7lbs for September, I start going to the gym again on monday!

If you want any help about food or exercise (especially with a bad back) do let me know, I love to talk food (especially when you come off your diet and are trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle). I helped my partner loose 2 stone in the last 4 months... he doesn't eat anything I haven't prepared him

thanks all

Charlotte, i had Sponsylolisthesis (Isthmic) Basically a couple of the fins on the back of the vertebrea at the base of my spine had snapped off so the spine wasnt locked together. Over the years it gradually moved forward on itself crushing my nerve endings to my legs and exposing my spinal column and making straightening up after a bend, extremely painful cos the whole of my upper body was teetering on the edge of the lower half lol. So they pulled it back into place and pinned it, and decompressed my legs nerves and then did a bone graft from my pelvis onto the mended bit.

I had had the problem for years, but had never done anything about it cos basicaly, i guessed there was something seriously wrong, and i couldnt have it looked at cos i had to care for Rikki and that meant obviously a lot of lifting of both him and all his monitors, feed pump, oxygen etc. So the mid section of my back had frozen itself trying to protect the lower section.

Post op it is definately a bit better, i can get things out of the oven now lol, but things like changing over the washing that involves that slight bobbing movement etc and carrying stuff at the front, hoovering etc, still give me aggro, but its better than it was

Got my milkless cup of tea this morning and will peck me stuff for work in a bit. Exercise wise, i have a treadmilll, that we cot as part of my "learn to walk" stuff when i had the op, so i will make a point of getting on there, and also try to use my sons Wii Fit a bit
    Last edited by bustagasket; 30-07-2009 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Spelling :)
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

I'm up for a support group - maybe if we have more than just healthy eating in common we'll be more likely to succeed.
    Di x