Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: First Diet Class

Default A different approach...

I thought I might as well step onto this bandwaggon... I'm a bit of a weirdo. I don't trust doctors...they just hand out chemicals with no real knowledge of what side effects they have - even less when there are 2 or 3 (or more ) different drugs combining in your genetically unique and delicately balanced body. I read a lot and draw my own conclusions about the best way to keep this ole body of mine going strong!

I have recently read a theory that a lot of weight gain in recent years is due to malnutrition...which seems weird when we all eat so much...but they say commercial packaged food is so devoid of real unprocessed nutrients nowadays that the body - desperate to survive - retains everything it can in order to wring out anything useful that's left in there! Now that sounds pretty plausible to me. So it's back to the fresh organic veggies and fruit, nuts and seeds...with just a smidgen of organically 'grown' meat and fish and loads of variety - so you get all the vitamins and phytonutrients going! (and the odd square of dark chocolate to make life worth living!!)

I think it is the route I'll take anyway! Good luck with the pill popping...and the laundry!!

Barbara

I think on balance that I tend to agree Barbara - I mean, as a child of the 50's I was brought up on fresh food, grown locally and shopped for daily. I wasn't fat and neither were my brothers or my friends.

I do have added issues in that the Behcets has resulted in reduced mobility due to painful joints - which would be better if I could only lose weight plus the move from being on my feet for up to 12 hours a day supporting labouring women to sitting at a pc or a workbench.

Oh, here's one for you - the meds. I take 10 different meds a day (prescribed) with extra at the weekend (an immunosuppresant).

Di x

Unhappy Yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk!!

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    That's one hell of a soup you're brewing!!

Barbara -- I must get off this damn site and do some work!!!!

lol so true all the process muck and everyones obsession with sterility has completely cocked us up.
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Sounds like it Su! But I hate cooking so ready made meals are right up my street... And are especially useful when at 9pm daughter says 'Are we having any tea tonight?'

Quote Originally Posted by Ominicci View Post
    Sounds like it Su! But I hate cooking so ready made meals are right up my street... And are especially useful when at 9pm daughter says 'Are we having any tea tonight?'
    Rofl yes this house is like tht too - i never know if i am supposed to be cooking for any of them, what happened to family meal times?
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

OMG I just had the tomato soup and it was foul!!! I had a chicken one yesterday which was ok but kinda granular or powdery but nothing too major so i didnt mind, but the tomato one seemed really powdery and was even making me cough cos it didnt flow right. Wont be having tomato any more, apart from the ones i have already got for this week
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Nearly thru day two, one more shake at 8, thought i felt hungry at one point but i actually think it was more of a habit than actual hunger. Havent done as well on the drinking side today as i was card making and so i dont get liquid near it lol. But all packed up for the night now, head pounding so time to stop, so i can now relax and read on here without guilt and play my online game and browse ebay and all the jewellery links i have been collecting
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Well done Su ... yuk to the tomato soup tho

Nic im waiting for the fat to start coming out havent seen any yet but only been twice since Tues (too much info) so time will tell.
    Thanks for the info on the vitamins babe xxx

I had a tummy tuck in 2002 so im really angry with myself for putting weight on. After having the children i just had lots of excess skin that just hung so my doc referred me to a plastic surgeon.

Good luck everyone xxx

This is so wonderful, for once i dont feel alone in my "fatness" having all my pregnancies was also the start of my wight problem and then my non exercise cs of my back gave me the rest, plus comfort eating when i am fed up (90% of the time)

My youngest bought himself a Wii and Wii fit a couple of weeks ago so he challenges me on that a lot so i am trying to make sure i always accept so that it burns a few calories. So tonight we have been brawing and playing table tennis and normal tennis and i darent think what else he has in store lol. I took him to buy a oad of 2nd hand games he found in the paper today so we are trying them out.
    Atm he is on a single player thing while i was having my fnal shake for the day. The hocolate one is definately my favourite

Keep it up girls we can do it!!
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive