Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: First Diet Class

I started it last Thursday, so today was my first weigh in & I lost 8lb!!
    Will imagine that's just the first week bonus but I'd be happy with a 1/2 to 1lb a week
    (I put it on slow, so don't mind if it come off slow).

Nice of the Doctor to let you do your own research...
    A lot of vitamin tablets don't have K so might be worth checking.
    You'd be amazed at how much hidden fat there is in food but if your diet is lowish fat
    anyway then you might avoid some of those
    dreaded consequences

Nic xx
    (thankfully consequence free!)
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Well done on getting through the first day Su

Well I've just discovered this thread too - I told you I was hopeless.

I just wanted to wish you luck Su. Also, have you tried back-stroke in the swimming pool. It's much more relaxing for your head. Swimming is a brilliant exercise for your whole body.

I hope that your program brings you back onto normal food quite soon. Loosing weight and keeping fit is a lifestyle change, and it needs to be something you can sustain for ever!! And once you get fitter, you will feel much better, and your back should feel more comfortable.

I have to admit to being a bit of a fitness freak. But I have had to give up my gym membership because of financial problems. And I now look terrible. I am going to have to do something at home, though, before the situation gets worse.

So keep up the good work everyone!

Yep well done Su
    I've tried Lighterlife and it didn't suit me (lost a stone in a week, but couldn't cope with the dust diet). I admire your willpower - You go girl!!
    nicxx
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Another Orlistat user here too...

I've done the yellow knickers stuff too (Orlistat) a few years back and found it quite remarkable stuff. I tended to abuse it tho, in the end, i.e. eat fatty foods because I knew it would go straight through (oh and how!).

Because of my underlying health problems there is the slimmest of chances (pun intended) that my docs will put me forward for gastric band surgery. I would grab that with both hands despite my old man's disapproval!
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    Because of my underlying health problems there is the slimmest of chances (pun intended) that my docs will put me forward for gastric band surgery. I would grab that with both hands despite my old man's disapproval!
    I looked at that in great depth a while ago and I've come to the conclusion NO ONE should ever have it.

Did you know, you might go through it and lose NO weight whatsoever, you are virtually killing your body through malnutrition and have to take a cocktail of drugs to stay alive AND they have no long term cases to see what the long term health risks are.

I read through pages and pages of info that my GP gave me in order to try and convince me to do it and I told him where he could stick it in the end!

I don't care about the success cases when the horrible side effects are ramped up against just losing a few pounds!

I don't mean to sound aggressive about it but I will try and talk ANYONE out of going through with that.

Also the fatality rate is horrific... just during the surgery!

It great to hear everyone swapping stories and hopefully we can all support each others. My doc tried me on Xenicol but it didnt seem to work for me. Heres hoping that this does Keep at it al you gals that are losing and keep us nformed with your progress, it kinda helps with my incentive
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

I looked at that in great depth a while ago and I've come to the conclusion NO ONE should ever have it.
    I promise I'll check it out if I'm offered the opportunity.

Di x

Well done Su in getting through your first day and hope it's a little easier for you today

Just tripped over this thread ~ the "diet" in the title had me running...yep, I'm in the "short for my weight" category and could do with losing 3-4st. It's good to see I'm not alone and it's probably an occupational hazard of sitting on our butts at the bench for too long...aided and abetted by buns

I've had xenical in the past and hated it ~ the thought of "fecal leakage" had me squirming before I even popped one so I was quite disciplined about my food. I found that on even on really good days my stomach was bubbling all the time and I felt really queasy so I gave it up. I might have go down the more-exercise route ...
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com