Thread: Hi there, any advice where to actually start?

Default Hi there, any advice where to actually start?

Hi, I'm a complete newbie in this forum. I'm just a girl who likes designing things in her head but didn't really get to realizing it, so just playing with the idea really, tho the idea is there for years and years already. I did even one of the 'silver jewellery' courses, which I enjoyed and loved, still wearing the 'final products' and like the feeling when someone's asking 'That's lovely, where did you get that', that means a lot.

The question is where to start. What is the basic of the basics which I need to get. Can't jump into making silver jewellery as first of all need some little workshop space which I haven't got at the moment as I'm just renting and don't have the huge money to play with.

I used to do simple beads just for myself when I was a schoolgirl, but at the moment I'm more into starting with beads, wires, pair of pliers, ... and later will progress into getting more stuff and 'ingredients' to try a variety.

But could you please advice me where to start with buying good 'ingrediences' and tools, which websites to use, which websites is better to avoid, anything cheap, but quality, and so on and so on.

I will aprreciate any help and advices

Thanks

Klaridlo

Hi there and to the forum. First of all, you don't need much space if you are going to start with wire and beads. If you have a dining room table, you can start there, that's what I did, Its just a pain when you have to clear up to sit down and eat, so I just ate off a tray on my lap..lol. You can even just use a tray on your lap, one of the members in here did just that to start off.
    Beads Direct UK - your best value Bead Supplier is a reasonable place to go if you don't want to spend too much to start with, I have used it in the past and was satisfied with the products.
    Hope this has been of help to you.
    Love and light,
    Maggie[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT