Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why can I buy.....

Default Why can I buy.....

Anyone know where I can get my mits on some small copper tubing so I can do some riveting? Also looking for somewhere to buy copper wire and sheet without paying a fortune!!

Not sure about the tubing, but for sheet look in your yellow pages for metal merchants. I regularly send my students to Metal Mart in Southampton for copper sheet both for designs and practising. Not all metal merchants will sell in small quantities, but this company soon realised that there was a market for it.
    Jo
    Daisychain Jewellery - Handcrafted sterling silver jewellery and jewellery tuition
    www.daisychainjewellery.co.uk
    www.daisychaindesignsjewellery.blogspot.com

Ooooooh thanks! Never thought they would have stocked copper sheet!

Not all do, but it's worth a try!
    An alternative if you get really stuck is to cut down one side of copper pipes you get from DIY stores and flatten the copper out - but that is very hard work and limits you to the size you can get.
    Jo
    Daisychain Jewellery - Handcrafted sterling silver jewellery and jewellery tuition

Aaah read it too quick and for some reason thought you'd written MACHINE Mart, clearly my bedtime!! Though it was quite bizare them stocking copper sheet! Are there many metal marts? Doesn't seem to be one in Swansea

I buy copper sheet from ebay - the seller's name is UKroy - not the quickest delivery, but good quality metal.

For copper tube, I tend to buy brake pipe tubing (also on ebay). It seems to work well.

It's a fmaily business rather than a chain or a franchise, but I expect there will be similar businesses in your area.
    Just did a google search using "metal merchants swansea" and got this metal merchants swansea - Google Search

Good luck!
    Jo

I got my tubing for rivets from a model shop, perfect size! My sheet I got from Ringwood Precision Engineering (ebay)