Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Up-and-coming, young, talented, wickedly funny master jeweller from Sheffield

Default Up-and-coming, young, talented, wickedly funny master jeweller from Sheffield

One of the things that you are going to have to put up with if you want to let me stay on this forum is my sense of humour. But my wife has had to do that for well over 30 years, so I don’t see why you shouldn’t.

OK, by now you are beginning to suspect that maybe one or two of the claims in my opening gambit are pushing the truth just a bit. Alright, I confess: I don’t live in Sheffield at all. It’s a place called Thurgoland, ‘bout 10 miles north.

I’ve been making jewellery for just about a year now. Took it up after retiring from a long career in IT. So, only a minor change, then. I have a trip up the M1 to York School of Jewellery once a week. It’s a great place to learn; so much so that I’ve never really felt the need to join this forum for advice etc. However, I have been lurking in the background and spying on you all since it was launched, so I feel like I know some of you quite well already. Be afraid. Except maybe you, Geti. I can have a rather straightforward (I call it honest) manner that can be misinterpreted. So maybe you can rest in the happy knowledge that you can take a rest now and again.

Seriously, if I ever offend, or even just talk b******s, tell me to shut up. After a few days crying myself to sleep, huddled and sobbing in a lonely, pitiful corner, I’ll crawl back with a grovelling apology.

I see there’s a thread for web sites, so I’ll add mine in there and you can see what I do.

Here’s wishing you all good luck.
    Ian Addison
    www.silverkiss.co.uk

If I , then so I and we can

Please remember that I'm a newbie to this metal bashing lark, but I'm an experienced blagger. Read all that I say with that in mind, and please challenge and/or correct me where necessary.

Wow Ian - great to meet you after that fine and detailed introduction - I'm sure Geti will welcome the chance to sit back and let you take over from him
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

Hi Ian
    You have some lovely items on your website! Welcome from another retiree!

Lorraine

Doh, my plan was to hold off for a few days, get all your appetites totally wetted and only then put my web site link up. Forgot that i put it in my sig.
    Ian Addison
    www.silverkiss.co.uk

Please remember that I'm a newbie to this metal bashing lark, but I'm an experienced blagger. Read all that I say with that in mind, and please challenge and/or correct me where necessary.

Oh, I love you already Silver
    Di x

Smile

Hi and welcome to the forum. Lovely work on your website.

Fi
    Fi Wilson
    Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by SilverKiss View Post
    Doh, my plan was to hold off for a few days, get all your appetites totally wetted and only then put my web site link up. Forgot that i put it in my sig.
    And I forgot to say that I love your work
    Di x

a bit less focus on the "Silver" bit please, Di.

I encourage more of the Kiss.

xx
    Ian Addison
    www.silverkiss.co.uk

I'm a fellow silver - well I dye it dirty mouse but there's a ton (tonne?) of the moonmetal underneath.
    Di x

Hello and welcome. I've just started at York School of Jewellery...... so seeing what you've been making is very interesting. Love it!

Jane x