Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: THEME CHALLENGE: New Technique

It was added 'on the flat'. But the other side (that you can't see, cos it's not as good lol) fell off, or wasn't soldered on properly, and so was soldered again after the ring had been made, but before stone was set.

Am joining in with RAD again for March (February wasn't very conducive for me in the end) and am numbering rings consecutively as well as by the day in the year, to see how many I actually get done.

Love them both and the bead is gorgeous, my favourite is the bezel on the curve, haven't tried that yet.
    Jane,
    (although I quite like Sunny!)

Gorgeous Nicci. I love the bead one as its so unusual and a great way to use a precious hand made bead. The band is yummy too!

you're giving me some great ideas for new techniques. I love the riveting, disc cutting and chain maille. I'm hoping to have chance to try some enamelling before the end of the challenge, but in the mean time I've played with making tear away sheets for texturing metal clay and making beads.

Wow! Sharon, thats beautiful! How did you do it? (If you don't mind sharing!)

Beautiful tear-away love the curved pendant you made it into too
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Fabulous Bead!!!! No idea what tear away sheets are, but I hope I can make something as amazing in sterling sheet when I get down to it!

I don't know what tear away is either, but i know this is stunning.
    I have done something new today, but that's not difficult as I'm a newbie. I have made a pair of earrings with leaf impressions using the rolling mill and soldered on the posts.
    I'm
    have a good weekend
    jille

Tear away is a technique which I think was originally for texturing polymer clay, but can be used with metal clay too. You print an image in black and white with a toner based printer/copier, put it face down on a sheet of polymer clay and then use pressure and heat (from burnishing with your hand and resting it under a 60W lamp!) to stick the polymer clay to the black bits of the image. Then tear away the paper like a bandage. When it works(!) the clay sticks to the black bits of the image and then you can bake the paper +/- sheet of polymer clay to get a shallow etched look.
    I think that might be the worst explanation ever! Try this instead http://www.jewelryartistmagazine.com...MCTearaway.pdf

Apparently you can use it to roll silver although it destroys the tear away sheet - I haven't tried it yet though as I haven't got room to set up my rolling mill atm

I don't know why I haven't looked at this thread before, but phoarr, you've made some really beautiful designs there peeps. I'm glad you told us what tearaway was Eliboo, 'cos I hadn't a clue either. Love it.
    Jules