Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bonny Doon

Sorry, I've only just caught up with this. Yes, a Bonny Doon is an hydraulic press. What a shame you missed out on the course.

I think they do a course at West Dean but not until next year, and I want to do it NOW! I've got my BD sitting on my bench but haven't had much success with it, so definitely need the course.

How did the course go!!!?? I am so jealous! Is there going to be another one in the future, did they say?
    What did you learn?

Lorraine

It was fab. There were 10 of us and we all got on so well. The press isn't as easy to use as I'd thought and I'll need a lot more practice before I have anything worth showing. I do have a couple of bangles which I was quite pleased with, one in copper and one in argentium silver which I'll take some photos of and show you later. That was the other thing she was teaching us. Argentium is great to use as it doesn't get fire stain and it's resistant to tarnishing. It also fuses together really easily so you don't need to do much soldering.

I also made a dish using the deep drawing equipment but I don't think I'll be making any more as the equipment costs more than the press. That's the trouble; buying the press is just the start. The Americans are so lucky to be able to get such wonderful stuff.

Cynthia's hoping to do another class next year, so if you contact the jewellery school now and put your name on a list, they can gauge the interest.

I'm madly trying to design things now but I think I'm trying too hard as it's not happening.