Thread: Ebay - Good jewellery sales channel or NOT?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ebay - Good jewellery sales channel or NOT?

Hi, looking for some tips on how to get recognised more within ebay. I've dabbled a little but have never really managed to utilise ebay to its full potential in regards to generate extra sales. I've always felt the mass of competition makes it an difficult channel to use for me but I know some people do very well from it. Any suggestions would be great!

Default Ebay

I've made a few sales on it but never really took off for me. I know the bidding mechanism is supposed to give ebay a real uniqueness over traditional sales channels but it never really worked for me.

One suggestion I could give you is to create a nice dedicated shop page with lots of product information and nice imagery.

There's so much tat on the bay now, it's really hard to get noticed, unless you have something truly unique, and the time to really promote it.

I think there are better places to sell jewellery, especially if it's higher end.

I agree, it is so so hard to find decent stuff online these days. Sometimes it doesnt even work out cheaper than if you went to a wholesale retailer. Thats what I tend to do, also going to their webpages as they sometimes give online discounts.

I don't think eBay is the place to be with jewellery....WAY to much tat on there as mizgeorge quite rightly pointed out....plus people usually expect dirt cheap bargains, which is a bit gutting if you've put so much time and effort into making something, let alone the cost of the materials :-( Something like Etsy is probably I better bet, or have your own website and shop...that's something I'm leading up to, but still not quite ready :-/

As a marketing tool eBay can be useful - list a couple items everyday and include in each listing a link to your website.
    Some items will do well and others will lose money but hopefully should generate traffic and ultimately sales.