Thread: Display materials for my first show - help!

Default Display materials for my first show - help!

Afternoon all

I'm preparing for my first show and was wondering what display materials I would need. Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Amy

My advice is not to go too mad buying stuff - I bought loads of acrylic stands for my first shows. Not only were they expensive, they are also quite bulky to store/take to shows, so I don't use them any more.

I now use three large good quality silver card boxes to take my stuff to shows in, I then use them in my set up once i've emptied them to create a bit of height.

Buy yourself a few inexpensive bits to start with, and treat yourself to more bits as you do more shows.

Use Mirrors. I bought a pack of mirrors from Ikea about 10" round, they really helped show off the Jewelley when I placed pieces on top of them.

Lighting can also make a big difference, I always notice how much nicer Jewellery looks when it's lit up.

Default My First Fair -Advice

Could we widen this out to what to take to a fair & not just the busts boxes etc. I've got my first show in six weeks what else will I need ? My list so far is -

Sheets to cover table, Busts
    Change in coins plus a calculator
    Pieces to sell - boxed
    what else

Do I need to write out receipts for any purchases?
    What does everyone else do & take ?
    Last edited by jewel73; 08-02-2010 at 02:04 PM.

When I do a fair I usually take a notepad and pen so I can record any commision requests and also make a record of what I sell.

As for displays I would suggest using props/blocks/boxes to add some height to your dispay. They don't have to be expensive and you can cover them with wallpaper or fabric to create the look you want.
    Lucinda

I used to use empty CD boxes covered in velvet fabric to display my jewellery on. It means that people can focus on single items or small groups of items at a time. You need to get some height at the back though and using boxes with a cloth over the top is a good idea.

How about adding Business cards to the list.

Give one to everyone who visits even if they don't purchase, as they may want to purchase some jewellery in the near future or even have a friend who is looking for something special.