Thread: Where to advertise online?

Default Where to advertise online?

Hi again,

Well I've got the website up and running, submitted it to the search engines etc but now I need to direct some more traffic my way. Does anyone know where the best places to advertise online are? (Free of course).

Thanks,
    Julie

Just add the URL on your TWITTER, FACEBOOK, BEBO, MYSPACE etc and if you dont have an acount, open it up in the name of your page

hi Julie,
    nice site...we are both in the same line of business, I have been online for a few years so I might be of help.

Just looking at you site do you have google analytics?? If not you should think about installing it as it gives you rich data of where your sales come from and how people find you. This is invaluable.

Is your business online...do you send out kits? If so you need to market online and for that you need to be in the organic listings on google...I say goolge, there are other search engines out there but the big G is the only one that matters.

To market online and compete with the m,any other fingerrpitn jewellery sites you need to address your on site SEO wich needs a looking at. A few tweeks will help you in the SERPS.

If you want a quck injection of customers have you thought about google adwords??? Works for me and pays off.

good luck with it and stick with it...you get the odd customer who thinks the prints are too fine (what can YOU do about this?? but mainly you'll get positive comments and lots of recommendations.

Are you a member on other, non-jewellery related forums? Use your banner to (kindly) advertise your work and redirect people to your site.
    You spend time posting replies about your favourite topics, and at the same time you're placing your banner in front of lots of potential customers!
    Of course this is a give-give thing: don't just go posting one-liners around everywhere just to maximise exposure. Meaningful, insightful (sic?) posts that people will take time to read and respond to establish a trust, and people are more likely to visit your site.
    For us, it's French RPG and manga forums. What are YOU interested in?

On a jewellery forum, hardly anyone will look at yet another jewellery website. On a gardening or gaming forum, however, you really stand out!
    TOP ADVICE: check that the link from your banner/signature is actually working and directing people to your site.

Mochi and Mocha

Default Very helpful advice...

I am also in the process of building a site and think your tips are really useful
    any help one can get is always appreciated. Now I just have to master the photos......

I looked at your lovely enamelled pendants on your site I love the colours and 'raw' edges

Mary