Thread: Holiday courses in Europe

Default Holiday courses in Europe

This year I would love to combine learning new skills with holidaying so would love to hear from anyone who attended a jewellery course somewhere in Europe. Ideally the provider would also offer pther courses (for my husband) like leatherwork or knife making.
    I look forward to your recommendations.

Karen Sarll offers jewellery making holidays combined with fishing trips (!) for OH's in SW France.

La Vidalerie Jewellery Making Holidays in France, Supplies & Kits

When you say "somewhere in Europe", do you include the UK? If so, West Dean College in West Sussex is the most fantastic place and they have all sorts of courses there.

South West France, near a little village called Moncrabeau

Smile

Helenka,

I've just started to offer learning holidays to complement the courses I run. You can find us at The PMC Studio France on the web or through google.
    Partners are also welcome and we can arrange a course or activity for them whilst you learn PMC skills.
    I would be delighted to have a chat with you if you would like to know more.

Caroline

I teach jewellery courses in my own studio near Whitby, on the very beautiful North Yorkshire Moors - so plenty of walking, cycling, etc in the area. There are also a number of other makers locally who teach.

I am also going on a short course in Brittany with Hadar Jacobson

Angela Baduel Crispin
    organises quite a few courses there in her studio and the setting looks lovely
    Last edited by Lynne Glazzard; 05-04-2010 at 10:29 AM.

[QUOTE=Lisa Quinn;29869]Karen Sarll offers jewellery making holidays combined with fishing trips (!) for OH's in SW France.

I went on one of Karen's courses last summer. It was fab! A week of making jewellery, with a couple of trips out and lots of lovely food and wine. Couldn't be bettered. I would heartily recommend it to anyone. At about £500 for the full week it's not too expensive, either.

Beccy.

Just re-discovered this thread - somehow never got notified. Thanks for all your replies - will make a not of it. This year due to Ash cloud and recession it's going to be a staycation and I am trying to find a course close to home.

Hi Helenka
    Sorry to have missed your original post and thanks Beccy & Lisa. We run jewellery making holidays and short breaks all year round, from an Introduction to Jewellery Making to Silversmithing even Tiara & Wedding Jewellery. Prices are £259 to £330 for short breaks and £500-£550 for a week and this includes accommodation in your own room in our renovated cottage, materials, pickups from Rodez Airport etc. We mentioned the fishing because we have very good lake and river fishing around us but lots of people come to this area for the unspoilt countryside, walks (we're near the Chemin de St Jacques), beautiful villages and a step back in time. Please contact me for more details or a brochure.