Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to get my sponsor's/maker's mark??

Default Where to get my sponsor's/maker's mark??

Hi!
    I've read tons of threads about these and I know quite a lot about these now thanks to you all. One question remains: where can I get one done for me? Just the maker's mark, or even a personalised punch with a word, mini logo. I already punch my jewellery because it's underweight but I'd really like my own mark at the back, too!
    So what kind of company can make that for me?
    Thanks!!

Smile

Hi, I ended up getting mine from the States from microstamp.us as I couldn't find anyone in the UK. There are people who will laser etch your mark into tags but I also wanted to be able to imprint my mark into PMC and other stuff. I don't remember it breaking the bank but the rubbish exchange rate at the time and also getting stung for the customs charge c.£17 did make it seem more expensive than it was. Worth the investment though as I'm free to make my mark in whatever I want.

Fi
    Fi Wilson
    Flickr

ok i'll have a look thanx.

BTW do you know the link to your site doesn't work?

Smile

Grrr! Sorry! That's always happening with my web links. Think I'm doing something wrong! If you go to www.microstamp.us that should get you there. Hopefully!!

Fi
    Fi Wilson
    Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by indigoblue View Post
    Grrr! Sorry! That's always happening with my web links. Think I'm doing something wrong! If you go to www.microstamp.us that should get you there. Hopefully!!

Fi
    I think she meant the one to the Indigo Blue site as that doesn't work

Yes, I was able to go to microstamp, but I could not go to your own site Fi as your link doesn't work.

The link in your signature says http://www.inidigobluejewellery.co.uk/ rather than indigoblue

If you register your makers mark with one of the assay offices, and have a punch made by them, you can opt to retain that and use it yourself. You simply send it in with the work to be assayed when you need to have something hallmarked. Why restrict yourself to only being able to make stuff below 7.78g?

Thumbs up

Doh! Thanks Heather. Signature web link now sorted.

I was thinking of exploring the makers mark option with the assay office too when I finally get round to that sometime this year. I think the stamp that I've had made up will be too large for what they will allow but as I use my stamp on my tags that I put next to the bolt ring I think I might be OK. Suppose having one for rings with the assay office would be the sensible option.

Fi
    Fi Wilson
    Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    If you register your makers mark with one of the assay offices, and have a punch made by them, you can opt to retain that and use it yourself. You simply send it in with the work to be assayed when you need to have something hallmarked. Why restrict yourself to only being able to make stuff below 7.78g?
    And if you are a full or part-time silversmithing/jewellery student you can get the registration package and punch made a lot cheaper, at least that's the case at London at Goldsmiths' Hall. It's £30 with £30 put on account for hallmarking fees for you if you're full time and £60 (but nothing on account!) if you're part time (at least it was when I checked again before Christmas!). Even if you just do a day workshop with someone who has their mark registered at Goldsmiths' then you meet the requirements as a parttime student. It's something I've organised for quite a few of my students.
    Jo
    Daisychain Jewellery - Handcrafted sterling silver jewellery and jewellery tuition
    www.daisychainjewellery.co.uk
    www.daisychaindesignsjewellery.blogspot.com